Principal Biostatistician (Remote)
Company: DCN Dx
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 16, 2022
If you are looking for an environment where you can make a
difference, then DCN Diagnostics just may be the right place for
DCN Dx is currently going through an exciting stage of global
expansion and we are looking for self-motivated individuals who
want to help us get there and make a difference along the way.We
are seeking a Principal Biostatistician to work with the DCN Dx
Clinical, R&D and Engineering teams. A successful candidate
will be a strategic member of a fast-paced and interactive
As Principal Biostatistician, you will provide statistical
consulting to our Clinical Research team and clients to develop
statistical analysis plans, contribute to clinical study design and
protocols, and drive the analysis and reporting of clinical data.
You will also work with our R&D and Engineering teams to
properly power V&V studies. Ideally, you'll have over 7 years
of experience (with a MS) working in industry, with significant IVD
experience. This position will be located at the company's
headquarters, in Carlsbad, CA (north county San Diego).
- Provide statistical consulting including, but not limited to
sample size estimation, power calculation and study design and in
the analysis and interpretation of study data. Works on complex
statistical problems in which analysis of data requires an in-depth
evaluation of various factors.
- Provides statistical methodology sections of study protocols,
writes statistical analysis plan, performs statistical analysis and
writes statistical analysis report.
- Provides statistical consulting to the R&D and Engineering
departments at DCN Dx.
- Develops systematic documentation of methods, results and
- Writes appropriate SOPs.
- Leads statistical education for other DCN Dx departments.
Leverages regular contact with scientific community to identify new
and interesting ideas that could benefit DCN Dx or our
- Builds usable analysis programs for R&D, Engineering and
Manufacturing (for example: QC and lot release).
- Effectively utilizes external resources to meet project
- Works closely with the Clinical, Regulatory and Quality
departments for successful clinical studies and regulatory
- Liaise with clients on issues related to Biostatistics.
- Demonstrates and advocates the DCN Dx Culture of customer
service and excellence.
- MS in statistics, biostatistics or mathematics or a related
field with 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- 7+ years for MS or 5+ years for PhD of relevant work
- Strong consulting skills, excellent oral and written
communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in teams
is critical. Statistical computing in SAS is required.
- Familiar with statistical programs such as SAS, S-Plus, JMP,
PASS, R, etc.
- A thorough knowledge of experimental design, general linear
model, categorical analysis and statistical computing. Familiarity
with survival analysis and nonlinear models is a plus.
Ideal candidate will have:
- PhD in statistics, biostatistics or mathematics.
- 7+ years for MS or 5+ years for PhD with regulatory submission
experience and knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Be customer focused.
- Be resilient and innovative in our fast-paced environment.
- Innate ability to foster relationships with others.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work independently as
well as collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What DCN Dx Has to Offer youAside from working alongside brilliant,
dedicated and passionate people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) with employer contribution
Keywords: DCN Dx, San Antonio , Principal Biostatistician (Remote), Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!