ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST - SPECIALIST - SERVICES PURCHASES
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Who We Are: The Services Group provides support by issuing
Services Purchase orders to SwRI vendors to support SwRI Overhead
or SwRI (Government and Commercial) projects, in accordance with
SwRI General Terms and Conditions. Objectives of this Role:
- Solicits, negotiates, awards, and administers services Purchase
Orders necessary to support either SwRI Overhead needs or project
need to support external clients.
- Conduct market research and cost/price analysis.
- Responsible for procuring services at a fair and reasonable
price and providing written documentation to support
- Assists with management of vendor performance and successful
completion of contracted tasks.
- Resolve problems as necessary.
- Working with key internal stakeholders to understand their
sourcing needs, perform market research, and assist in the
execution of the procurement strategy in compliance with applicable
regulations (Government and internal).
- Performs duties in accordance with SwRI Purchasing Policies and
Procedures, accounting policies, FAR/DFARS and other federal
regulations, Desktop guides and on the job training. Daily and
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and
- Send out requests for proposal as necessary, adhering to SwRI
business practices and Desktop guides.
- Perform supplier sourcing as needed. Create new vendors and
maintain vendor contact information.
- Receives, reviews, and analyzes vendor proposals.
- Work with suppliers to obtain necessary support documentation
to show fair and reasonable pricing. Negotiate terms and
conditions, pricing and delivery based on requestor
- Review and edit purchase requisitions to ensure the service is
adequately described based on the need or objective.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation for all purchases
and document the Purchase Order package in accordance with SwRI
policies and procedures.
- Prepare and execute Purchase Order and related documents in
accordance with Government regulatory requirements and SwRI
procedures with appropriate management review and approval.
- Logically handle issues and conflicts with suppliers
- Ensure supplier's adherence to industry standards, technical
quality standards, and other business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Business or related
field with related knowledge and experience
- 0-3 years: Experience administering and price justification of
Services Purchase Orders under government contracts; performing
market research and price or cost analysis in detail and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Direct experience in Purchasing is beneficial
- Must have a high level of motivation, attention to detail, and
energetic approach to job duties
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), as
well as current experience with Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and Word experience
- Knowledge of general business practices and procedures
- A valid/clear driver's license is required Special
Requirements: Applicant selected will be subject to a government
security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas For benefits information at our
San Antonio location, click here . For benefits information at all
other locations, click here . An Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Disabled/Veteran Committed to Diversity in the
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio , ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST - SPECIALIST - SERVICES PURCHASES, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!