Inside Senior Property Adjuster (CAT)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Senior Property Adjuster role may be the career for you.
There's a lot to learn, but the journey is mapped out. Our
comprehensive, fully paid six week training program including class
discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and instructor
led guidance to help you support our membership independently.
We have multiple remote positions available to support our
Catastrophe Team. Candidates are expected to live in TX, CO, LA,
FL, AL, GA, SC, VA or a commutable distance from one of our offices
in San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, or
Colorado Springs, CO.Job RequirementsAs a Senior Property Insurance
Adjuster, you will work within established guidelines and framework
to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will
confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize liability exposure and
negotiate equitable settlements in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements.Property Adjusters focus on using
technology and desk adjusting for a virtual first approach to
inspections and claims handling. This is an hourly, non-exempt
position with paid overtime available.Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Handle assigned claims' caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
levels decided by complexity. Leverages digital platform(s) to
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Figures out coverage through analyzing information involving
complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement and makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to
prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed
- Developing knowledge of residential constructionPreferred
- Experience adjusting property claims using virtual
- Property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and ALE
- Experience in support of catastrophes
- Experience handling complex property losses to includes:
assignment of benefits, civil remedies notice and public adjuster
- Industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Bachelor's degree
- US military service or military spouseWork From Home
- Broadband internet bandwidth must have minimum consistent
speeds of 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- This is not a mobile position and will require a desktop
computer set up (USAA provided) and hard-wired connection via an
Ethernet cable directly into your router (no Wi-Fi).
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Able to provide workspace at home that is safe, suitable for
work, and a distraction free environment from background noises
that may distract USAA member customers.
- In some roles you will be expected to use a USAA provided
webcam for training.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The hiring range for this position
is: $60,300-$108,500Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: Addressed
on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Inside Senior Property Adjuster (CAT), Other , Cibolo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!