Property General Adjuster (Field)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of JobUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate
the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and
their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to
innovative thinking at every level.We are looking for an
experienced Large Loss Property General Adjuster in the Austin
area. Company Vehicle Provided.Within defined guidelines and
framework, investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles highest
complexity property insurance claims presented by or against our
members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure
and negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members'
life events, as appropriate.Job RequirementsTasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Manages assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
highest complexity damages that require considerable knowledge and
understanding of claims coverage.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate highest complexity claims resolution. May also involve
external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate
documentation and compliance.
- Extensive evaluation for highly complex claims, involving
lengthy research and determination of settlement. Proactively
identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential
discrepancies resulting from research involving complicated
- Serves as a resource for less experience staff on complicated
- Determines coverage through analyzing extensive information
involving highly complex policy terms, including claim
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Determines and negotiates highly complex settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file with critical
documentation throughout the claims process for highly
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for claims handling.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may require
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- Works independently solving complex problems with minimal
guidance; acts as a resource for colleagues with less
- May require travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 4 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience that
includes writing estimates of moderate-highly complex claims and
field adjusting experience.
- 2 years' experience handling dwelling claims.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
platform. Expert knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Advanced knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Proficient knowledge of residential construction.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.Physical Demand Requirements:
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to
include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs,
this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined
attic spaces and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including
verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid
driver's license.Preferred Experience:
- Prior General Adjuster experience with a Standard Carrier
- Property field adjuster experience handling large loss claims
and ALE management
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Deployment in support of catastrophes
- Bachelor's degree
- Insurance Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA,
- Currently hold an active P&C Adjuster License
- Currently reside in the Austin, TX area
- US Military service or Military spouseCompensation: USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The hiring
range for this position is: $72,900 - $131,400.Employees may be
eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.Shift
premium: Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that
are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Property General Adjuster (Field), Other , Elmendorf, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!