Dietary Cook (Sunrise)
Company: Summit LTC
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYWe are looking for a skilled Cook to become a part
of our facility's compassionate care-giving team. The successful
candidate will be responsible for preparing food in accordance with
current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines
and regulations, established policies and procedures, and as may be
directed by the Dietary Manager, to ensure that quality food
service is provided at all times. We're looking for a highly
competent and well-organized professional who values safety,
security and patient wellness above all else. We focus on providing
the best care possible while ensuring patient satisfaction in every
interaction. The Cook is responsible for making sure those values
are reflected in his or her staff at all times.PM21
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Must have, as a minimum, one year dietary experience in a
hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical
- Training in cost control food management, diet therapy,
- A combination of experience and training which provides the
required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Must be over the age of 18 years to operate dietary department
equipment.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures, cooking
characteristics of various cuts of meats, names, and contents of
- Mathematical and numerical skills; mechanical aptitude
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies,
procedures, etc. of the dietary department.
- Ability to maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment,
etc. and appearance of work areas, regular inspection of food
services areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance
of assigned duties.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with professional and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be able to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNoneSummit LTC is
an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Keywords: Summit LTC, San Antonio , Dietary Cook (Sunrise), Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!