Executive, Fraud Operations
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobProvides executive leadership and develops the
delivery of Fraud programs, strategies for USAA's Federal Savings
Bank Fraud organization that is focused on fraud prevention, fraud
advisory, fraud detection operations, investigations and recovery,
member experience, member identity and authentication management,
fraud strategy and analytics. Accountable for the design and
execution of a multi-year strategic vision for the Fraud Operations
teams, taking into account USAA's broader business strategy and
complex regulations and supervisory expectations, including how
they apply in a matrixed environment.Job Requirements
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Provides executive level leadership and direction to the Fraud
Operations department supporting a balance between member
experience and attaining the appropriate fraud risk management
discipline to achieve strategic goals.
- Develops plans and strategies for building out a well-managed
operation, inclusive of automated and preventive controls, taking
into account USAA's broader business strategy and complex
regulations and supervisory expectations, including how they apply
in a matrixed commercial environment.
- Accountable for establishing and strengthening programs that
monitor and measure the effectiveness of risk management practices
within the fraud organization, including the Elder Fraud Awareness
Program and Reporting Policy and USAA's Internal Fraud Program and
- Updates and aligns the business goals and objectives based on
changing external fraud trends, regulatory environment, technology,
and business needs.
- Provides executive oversight and responsible for the
development of high-performing capacity plans and / or models and
ensures forecasts to align with fraud operations objectives.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves risk appetite and risk
tolerance breaches and reports fraud trends, losses, strategic
initiatives and other key matters to the USAA Board of Directors
and subsidiary boards.
- Accountable for the budgetary impact of assigned organizations
and develops action plans for efficiency initiatives.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key regulatory
examiners, internal partners, and other stakeholders throughout the
enterprise including Audit, IT, Risk, Compliance, business
- Culture champion focused on driving accountability, managing
risk, creating healthy challenge, and pursuing progress over
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
managerial activities. -Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.Minimum Experience:
- 10 years of experience developing strategies and managing major
initiatives within a complex matrixed environment pertaining to:
Fraud operations, to include prevention, detection and/or
investigative aspects of fraud and/or Bank operational risk, to
include credit risk, regulatory adherence, funds availability,
and/or model development within a financial services
- 8 years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams is required.
- 8 years of relevant experience in a large financial institution
in a supervisory role within a financial crimes or fraud operations
- Extensive knowledge, understanding, and application of risk
management and compliance framework and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate and operate
across multiple levels of an organization.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory issues
impacting the financial services industry to include direct
experience working with federal and/or state regulators.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders,
influencing decisions, and managing work to achieve strategic
- Demonstrated experience leading critical work through a full
spectrum of regulatory actions, including examinations and other
supervisory engagement and processes, such as: Bank regulatory
guidance on security, privacy, operations, risk management
framework, and third-party risk management
- Expert knowledge of bank laws and regulations related to money
movement and/or payments, including Reg E, Reg CC, UDAAP, FACTA,
and Reg Z.
- Extensive knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to
include: Reg CC and Reg E.Compensation:
- USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $ 236,400 - $
- Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of DirectorsLong Term Incentive Plan:
- Cash payment for Executives only representing a cash payment
which is both time and performance basedBenefits:
- At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support
their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These benefits
include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k),
pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance,
paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer
hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our career
path planning and continuing education assists employees with their
professional goals.Please click on the link below for more
details.Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Executive, Fraud Operations, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!