Company: CRC Insurance Services, Inc.
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the
Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required
to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application,
you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to
Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only;
other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Supports a team by identifying, soliciting, and arranging
appropriate insurance coverage for clients by accessing binding
authority and brokerage markets. Responsibilities include but not
limited to underwriting new and renewal business, ensuring
adherence to binding authority carrier guidelines, approving policy
changes, maintaining workload, solving coverage issues, monitoring
claims and managing written business up to and including the time
of binding according to company guidelines and established CRC
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
1. Manage the underwriting process ensuring adherence to carrier
underwriting guidelines and CRC policies and procedures.
2. Submitting appropriate information to brokerage markets for
accounts that do not fit binding authority markets
3. Make underwriting decisions and solve difficult underwriting and
coverage problems for retail agencies
4. Develop, maintain and cultivate strong relationships with
binding-authority and brokerage carriers
5. Solicit, market, quote, bind and confirm new and existing
6. Negotiate the best terms and coverages available with accessible
markets while properly communicating with all producers regarding
submissions and decisions for new or renewal business in a timely
7. Approve and disapprove endorsement requests according to
internal and carrier guidelines.
8. Monitor accounts to ensure compliance with the firm's policies
9. Meet or exceed company file documentation standards, comply with
underwriting authority level standards and pass all audits
performed by markets and our Internal Review Department.
10. Maintain necessary licenses.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Bachelor's Degree or appropriate insurance designation
2. Three years of experience in underwriting or brokering E&S
or specialty insurance products
3. Must be licensed in corresponding areas of insurance
4. Must be able to understand and independently manage the
underwriting and brokerage process including analyze necessary
components of insurance policies, determine terms and conditions,
and price insurance products
5. Ability to understand the client's needs and have knowledge of
the risk profiles associated
6. Recognize new trends and developments to the insurance industry
and be able to incorporate into underwriting strategies
7. Possess strong knowledge of and experience in underwriting the
types of accounts handled by the team on which they support
8. Ability to provide excellent customer service for retail
9. Team skills
10. Maintain current knowledge of the insurance industry
11. Good written and verbal skills
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified
applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Keywords: CRC Insurance Services, Inc., San Antonio , Inside Underwriter, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!