Project Administrator, Remote
Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionWorking for J&J Worldwide Services ( J&J
)Throughout our 50+ year history in the Government services
industry, J&J has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to our
people, our customers, and our industry. When coming to work at
J&J, you will be joining more than just a company, you will be
joining a community that takes great pride in serving the men and
women of the U.S. Military and other Government agencies. We
believe a healthy work-life balance is an essential component of
our employees success and we support our employees participation in
important events that occur in their personal lives.OpportunityWe
are the best at what we do, and it is because of our employees. We
are looking for top performers to help us carry on our legacy of
overwhelming success in our industry. J&J prefers to first
offer advancement opportunities to existing employees, so high
performers are afforded ample opportunity to grow within the
organization.General SummaryThis position is with J&Js
Engineering Solutions (ENGS), a Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
ENGSs core business is providing design-build services for the U.S.
Government, primarily fulfilling needs for the Department of
Defense (DoD), as a prime contractor, contracted by the U.S. Army
Corps of Engineers (USACE).The Project Administrator will support
several different Project Managers by remotely easing the burden
administrative duties required to successfully manage construction
projects for the USACE. A Project Administrator is expected to have
a thorough understanding of the documentation required for USACE
work.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Project Management to facilitate the
preparation of subcontract agreements.
- Prepare bid letters and proposal documentation.
- Coordinate and setup conference calls, management meetings,
special events and travel arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation and timely dissemination of company
reports and slide presentations.
- Support in the procurement and maintenance of company
equipment, furniture and telecommunications to ensure daily
operations continue without interruption.
- Train and assist other administrative personnel on processes
and procedures related to various reports and documents.
- Ensure subcontractors are billing within complete work and
proposal amounts by creating a monthly billing worksheet.
- Converse with vendors regarding accounts receivables, accounts
payable and account management and reconciliation.
- Arrange for security passes to be issued to proper
- Assist with procuring jobsite startup items, such as job
trailers, utilities and porta Johns
- Sort and disseminate documents mailed and electronic.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Experience and
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Business or a related
- Significant experience in a similar role would be considered in
lieu of degree.Demonstrated ability to:
- Identify and prioritize essential tasks.
- Communicate effectively with strong written and verbal
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
customers and subcontractors.Software proficiency:
- Microsoft Office 365 suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive.
- Experience working with Procore is a plus but not
required.Note: An ideal candidate will be already proficient in
each of these. If a successful candidate is not already, they will
be expected to achieve full proficiency within three months of
- Minimum of five (5) years administrative experience related to
government contracts to include basic accounting skills, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.Residence
Location and AvailabilityBased on an individuals preference, this
position could work:
- From J&Js global headquarters in J&Js Austin, TX or the
Oak Grove, KY office.
- From another J&J office strategically located near a
cluster of work.Note: J&J has active work on five continents.
Independent from where employees reside, they must coordinate their
work schedules to ensure appropriate support is provided, no matter
which time zone their project(s) are located.TravelTravel
requirements for the Project Administrator are infrequent but may
be necessary to support a jobsite. If required, travel may include
visiting an active project sites to work with Project Management
staff and/or subcontractors to assist or educate the team in
various functions of their affected work.Physical, Environmental
and Sensory Requirements
- Position works primarily in office areas but occasionally on
construction jobsites as needed.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and
walking, and occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Infrequent but potential exposure to elements such as heat,
cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, moving machinery, etc., typical
of a construction site.This job description is subject to change by
the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the
job change.We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, San Antonio , Project Administrator, Remote, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!