Company: KIPP Texas
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityKIPP San Antonio is seeking a school crossing guard. The
school crossing guard is responsible for performing routine
pedestrian safety work in the vicinity of a three-school campus.
Guides school children at intersections before and after school.
Two (2) hours per day at $15.00 per hour on an average of sixty
(80) hours monthly during the school year and paid on a bi-monthly
basis. Term of employment is between August and June, school year
only. Exercises no supervision.Responsibilities
- Places school signs in street before school is open and after
- Guides school children across streets and assists disabled
children and small children in crossing
- Notifies police headquarters of hazards and pedestrian
accidents in their vicinity
- Clears crosswalks of rocks, glass, cans, and other items in
order to prevent injuries to children
- Keeps accurate count of children crossing in the morning and in
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, interpret policy and
procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
- Knowledge of City traffic regulations.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, procedures, and
- Ability to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to establish friendly relations and secure the
cooperation of school children.
- Ability to remain alert at all times while performing routine
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the
position, to include standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to occasional lift/carry 10-15 pounds.Additional
InformationCompensation and BenefitsAs a full-time KIPP Texas
employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit
plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with
competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options,
life insurance, and disability plans.KIPP provides equal employment
opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal
opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: KIPP Texas, San Antonio , Crossing Guard, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!