(2023-2024) Texas - 504/MTSS Coordinator
Company: Great Hearts
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 19, 2023
POSITION: 504/MTSS Campus Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Headmaster
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit network of charter schools dedicated to improving education by developing excelling public prep schools. Great Hearts' academies are substantially outperforming other public and private schools, proving that tuition-free schools can do a superb job of educating students if they are smaller, more efficient, and set higher expectations for all students through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges and universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally. The success of Great Hearts is based on combining an unwavering commitment to classical liberal arts education with the understanding that our schools can constantly be improved through sound, data-driven leadership.
Great Hearts is currently comprised of a network of twenty-nine academies in Phoenix, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and San Antonio. Currently, we serve more than 19,000 students across our network. This critical mass of highly impressive graduates will change the educational landscape in Phoenix, and the Great Hearts network will be a catalyst for reforming public education in Arizona. Additional information can be found at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers .
Program Summary : To support the campus Section 504 program and to ensure provision of needed services. Ensure compliance with all state, federal, and local Section 504 requirements.
* Knowledge of Section 504 Federal Law
* Ability to organize and facilitate services
* Knowledge of general education curriculum and instruction
* Knowledge of instructional accommodations
* Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Self-directed, detailed-minded problem solver
* Ability to interpret data
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of parents, students, and staff
Duties and Responsibilities :
* Maintains compliant campus records and documentation for all eligible Section 504 students.
* Ensures the implementation of Section 304 procedures on the campus:
* Coordinates referrals
* Determines appropriate Section 504 Team composition
* Facilitates evaluations/eligibility determination
* Provides Notices and Consents
* Develops Section 504 Plans and monitors the implementation of the 504 Accommodation Plan
* Distributes a copy of the current accommodations to all appropriate teachers and administrators and have recipients sign for receipt.
* Schedules Annual Reviews of each Section 504 student Plan
* Assures that Section 504 plans move with the student to the next level or new school.
* Complete the Section 504/Dyslexia PEIMS form on every student, give to the Office Manager for entry into the data base.
* Serves as a daily resource to Campus Administrators, Teachers, and Community Members regarding Section 504 issues and provides training to campus.
* Advises the school administrator regarding discipline issues and procedures for Section 504 eligible students being considered for suspension or expulsion.
* Serves as a liaison between the campus and other District staff regarding Section 504 issues.
* Attends periodic District Section 504 training/Meetings
Personal Qualities & Values
* Passionately Committed
With humility and curiosity, we seek to know more about our core purpose; seek to share (with each other and with others externally as an advocate); seek to live the mission ourselves with relentless pursuit and intrinsic motivation; seek to understand our work and how it serves the mission---which should result in getting the right stuff done with measurable results because we love actualization - not just the theory
* Servant's Heart
The foundational element of having a servant's heart is the acknowledgement of inherent dignity in their fellow human. Someone with a servant's heart believes that their work is to promote the development of those around them and make it possible for others to be successful in serving the mission of the organization.
* Team Player
We believe our mission can only be accomplished through collaboration and receive true joy in being a part of something greater than ourselves; Each of us is one part of a whole, each with different roles, expertise and responsibilities; working together in synchronicity
Great Hearts offers a very competitive benefits package and overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience and education.
Keywords: Great Hearts, San Antonio , (2023-2024) Texas - 504/MTSS Coordinator, Other , San Antonio, Texas
here to apply!