Company: Great Hearts
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 19, 2023
POSITION: Enrollment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Enrollment
Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit charter management organization (CMO) that operates classical, preparatory, K-12 public charter schools. Our academies cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. We currently serve over 20,000 students across our network, with over 6,500 at our Texas schools, and we expect that number to grow to thousands more. Great Hearts is dedicated to providing additional communities with access to our liberal arts model, and, as the network scales both locally and nationally, we aim to restore excellence to American public education. We proudly prepare students for success at the best colleges and universities in the nation, but see our larger purpose as producing great-hearted graduates that are prepared to be intellectual, moral and engaged citizens. Additional information can be found at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers .
Duties & Responsibilities
* The Enrollment Specialist works full-time in the office under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Enrollment.
* Proactively calling inquiries and making outbound calls to prospective families generated through the marketing team.
* Provide excellent customer service skills to prospective families.
* Follow up with interested families and educate them about Great Hearts
* Tracking student persistence and progression through the first 30 days of school.
* Accurately account for all inquiries and activities associated with prospective families; complete daily activity reports
* Personally develop relationships with families to build interest in Great Hearts
* Act as the liaison to connect families to schools they are interested in and informing them about tours and other events
* Attend community, outreach, and informational fairs/events to inform families and promote brand awareness
* Assists in identifying and developing opportunities to promote applicable recruiting efforts
* Plays a significant role in the design and implementation of ongoing initiatives related to recruiting, enrolling, and retaining students.
* Works collaboratively with the Director of Enrollment and Marketing Department to assure timely and efficient movement of prospects from application through enrollment
* Assist parents in completing the online application.
* Proactively assists in data clean-up and support of newly registered students.
* Offer support where needed so that campuses are well positioned to successfully meet their 11th day enrollment goal.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies and Strengths
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Two years enrollment experience preferred
* Three years experience in an academic setting preferred
* Proficient keyboarding skills
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships
* Ability to organize confidential data efficiently.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, parents, co-workers and the public at large
* Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
* Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
* Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
* We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
Personal Qualities & Values
* Passionately Committed
With humility and curiosity, we seek to know more about our core purpose; seek to share (with each other and with others externally as an advocate); seek to live the mission ourselves with relentless pursuit and intrinsic motivation; seek to understand our work and how it serves the missionwhich should result in getting the right stuff done with measurable results because we love actualization - not just the theory
* Servant's Heart
The foundational element of having a servant's heart is the acknowledgement of inherent dignity in their fellow human. Someone with a servant's heart believes that their work is to promote the development of those around them and make it possible for others to be successful in serving the mission of the organization.
* Team Player
We believe our mission can only be accomplished through collaboration and receive true joy in being a part of something greater than ourselves; Each of us is one part of a whole, each with different roles, expertise and responsibilities; working together in synchronicity
Type of clearance:
Must complete Texas Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance and background check.
Physical functions: Requires but is not limited to standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, bending, squatting, and reaching. May be required to move or position equipment up to 50 pounds approximately.
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Great Hearts, San Antonio , Enrollment Specialist, Other , San Antonio, Texas
here to apply!