Events Coordinator (Part Time) - Library
Company: The University of Texas at San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Events Coordinator (Part Time) - Library
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 11424
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio, a Hispanic Serving
Institution situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of
peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion
in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly
founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other
underserved communities, our university is committed to promoting
access for all. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters
academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and
innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
With more than 34,000 students, UTSA is the largest university in
the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge
through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community
engagement and public service. The university serves as a center
for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for
socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual
property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more , on or on
, , , or .
Posting End Date: Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM
CDT on 02/23/2024. At the discretion of the hiring department, this
position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified
applications have been received.
Salary Range: $15,600-$19,000 annualized, based on 20 hours per
week. Commensurate with education, experience and
Hours: 20 hours per week, non-exempt. Typical shift is
Monday-Friday, 4 hours per day.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume is required.
- Cover Letter is preferred
Function: To assist with the planning and coordination of support
operations for the Library and Faculty Center.
Scope: Responsible for scheduling and supervision of events and
coordinating technical, physical and other required support.
- Assists in planning and scheduling university events to include
coordination/procuring of location, facilities, technical services,
supplies, marketing, publicity, and personnel.
- Ensures sufficient support personnel are available and
- Supervise student employees in their roles supporting events,
setup of facilities, routine care of spaces, and technical
- Contacts internal and external participants and agencies to
assist with coordination of internal and co-sponsored events.
- Communicates in person and in written formats, information
regarding facility use, program operations, A/V and technological
support, and University policies, regulations and procedures to
customers and the University community.
- Provides administrative assistance to support the Events
Manager and in support of the various events.
- Provides technical and audio-visual assistance as
- Assists in training personnel and student employees in support
of operations and events.
- Provide on-site event assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the coordination of financial transactions,
including budget tracking.
- Participates in special meetings.
- Associate's Degree or 60 earned college credit hours from an
accredited institution and two years of experience in events
planning and management. Additional experience may substitute for
education on a one year for one year basis.
- Proficiency in the use of English Grammar and spelling.
- Microsoft Office software: proficiency in use of Outlook and
- General knowledge of sound and lighting systems and other
- Personal computers, events management software and standard
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent
upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility
to work in the United States by time of hire.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
This position will be primarily located on campus. Travel and
parking expenses are the employee's responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer,
it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic
information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the
Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government
requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people
with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA
campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to
Keywords: The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio , Events Coordinator (Part Time) - Library, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!