Prospect Researcher I (Advancement Services & Operations)
Company: The University of Texas at San Antonio
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Prospect Researcher I (Advancement Services & Operations)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 11333
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio, a Hispanic Serving
Institution situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of
peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion
in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly
founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other
underserved communities, our university is committed to promoting
access for all. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters
academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and
innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
With more than 34,000 students, UTSA is the largest university in
the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge
through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community
engagement and public service. The university serves as a center
for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for
socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual
property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more , on or on
, , , or .
Posting End Date: Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM
CDT on 02/11/2024. At the discretion of the hiring department, this
position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified
applications have been received.
Salary Range: $40,000 annualized, with flexibility, commensurate
with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours: 40 hours per week, exempt.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume and Cover Letter are required.
UTSA's seeks a detail-oriented individual with proven analytical,
critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to join the Office of
Advancement Services as a Prospect Researcher I. Specific
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform prospect identification and research to support
fundraising activities and programs across the university's
colleges, schools and units.
- Collaborate with advancement colleagues in developing prospect
identification, cultivation, solicitation, and overall fundraising
- Consult on the feasibility and develop methodologies for
research requests and special projects.
- Assist with identifying new donor prospects through research
tools/databases, industry news and other sources/methods to build
and maintain a dynamic prospect pipeline for assigned development
- Create profile reports tailored to specific goals and/or
objectives; maintain, track and store profile data.
- Partner with assigned development officers to regularly review,
rebalance and strengthen portfolios and the donor pipeline; help
manage prospects in the CRM system as they move through the
- Assist with regular portfolio reviews to ensure data quality
and accurate documentation of fundraising activity and filed
- Review local and national news, business publications, economic
trends and business development keeping abreast of prospect
information; provide relevant information to development
- Maintain and uphold the professional and ethical standards set
forth by the Association of Professional Researchers for
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with one year
of professional experience in prospect research or data
collection/analysis in a related field. Additional
education/experience may be substituted for experience/education on
a one-for-one basis.
- Strong analytical, writing, organizational, and communication
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of basic legal and financial processes and
ability to evaluate complex business and financial data.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material with
- Three years of professional experience in prospect research or
data collection and analysis in a development, financial
institution, legal or related industry.
- Knowledge and interest in collegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Raiser's Edge software.
- Thorough knowledge of a wide range of common research
resources, including online research tools such as ResearchPoint,
WealthPoint, Foundation Search, LexisNexis or similar services and
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent
upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility
to work in the United States by time of hire.
This position primarily works remotely in Texas but may work on
campus on an infrequent basis (approximately four days or less per
month). When an employee is required to work on campus, travel and
parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. Applicants must
be adaptable and open to working in both environments. This work
modality is subject to change based on the needs of the
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer,
it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic
information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the
Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government
requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people
with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA
campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to
Keywords: The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio , Prospect Researcher I (Advancement Services & Operations), Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!