Compliance Advisor Senior - Bank
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Compliance Advisor Sr for our San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
The Compliance Advisor guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA (Line of business) and enterprise-wide projects. Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments. Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions. Job Requirements
- Collects, analyzes, and reports compliance related consumer, credit card, HMDA, complaints, and other financial data to internal control partners and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates and manages responses to regulatory requests for compliance related data across multiple content types and databases.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Utilizes strong leadership and collaboration skills interacting with project teams, regulatory agencies, and team members.
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Identifies potential compliance risks and coordinates with appropriate Compliance staff.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of responses to regulators.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals.Minimum Requirements
- 6+ years risk and/or compliance work experience
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Regulatory experience within the financial services industry; OCC, FED, CFPB, FDIC
- CRCM or other financial services industry compliance certifications
- Advanced degree in related field
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills to executive audience
- Experience executing/administering compliance programs within a highly regulated environment
- Experience executing or reviewing risk assessments related to new banking products or services
- Strong knowledge of business areas processes and/or products and operations; regulatory requirements; and key processes, controls and exposure areas
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Analytical thinking skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management skills to support multiple deliverables on behalf of various stakeholders with timing pressures from lines of business, enterprise risk groups and risk partnersThe above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 10/04/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Compliance Advisor Senior - Bank, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!