Senior Legal Secretary
Company: System One
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 19, 2019
System One is actively seeking Senior Legal Secretary for a
contract position located in San Antonio, TX. This will be a
contract position with our client, the municipal electric utility
serving the city of San Antonio, Texas. Legal Secretary
- Performs duties that call for specialized training and
experience in the legal field, such as knowledge of specialized
terminology and procedures.
- Responsible for a variety of secretarial, administrative and
clerical duties for one or more attorneys. Composes routine
correspondence, types and files general correspondence and legal
- Manages attorneys' workflow and filing.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner, coordinates and
monitors in-coming calls to maximize efficiency of attorney time
and to optimize office resources while expediting responses to
- Exercises effective judgment in the performance of duties and
in interaction with the public and with client
- Maintains and promotes professional and cordial working
relationships both internally as well as with individuals,
organizations and agencies outside of company, including outside
counsel offices, other law offices, local, state and federal
regulators, and city offices and agencies, etc., and also builds
relationships within company.
- Maintains familiarity with legal library resources and the
ability to locate cases using standard citations, statutes or
- Receives, date stamps and opens mail. Maintains tickler system
for deadlines, documents, filings and assists in ensuring deadlines
- Notarizes legal documents as needed.
- Shares with other legal secretarial staff the responsibility of
assisting attorneys and other staff with emergency or quick
turnaround assignments; assists other in-house attorneys on
projects as needed. To the extent that the Legal Division may be
required to coordinate legislation during the Legislative Sessions,
assists attorneys and client representatives in such process,
including any necessary and prompt distribution of bills, the
tracking of and coordination of responses to such bills and
facilitating the answers to questions concerning bills by referring
questions to appropriate company offices.
- Schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements.
- Tracks filing, hearings and schedules conferences. Handles
requests in attorney's absence, e.g. important time sensitive
material that should be forwarded to another attorney for
- Processes outside counsel invoices for payment in a timely
manner by submitting invoices to internal attorneys and appropriate
company personnel for review, posts charges to CS Stars database in
order to track costs incurred per matter and prepares NPO
subsequent payment to outside counsel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters at all times.
- Effectively manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Manage heavy workload with high level of accuracy and
production. Legal Secretary Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Class C Texas Driver's License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package including Word, Excel,
- Effective oral and written communication skills, reading
comprehension, and active listening
- Previous experience in legal related field.
- Knowledge of legal forms and formats sufficient to prepare
orders and decisions and to compose general correspondence
- Knowledge of general office policies and procedures for legal
case management system
- Knowledge of legal terminology sufficient to prepare and/or
understand judicial orders, decisions and correspondences
- Proficiency in accessing legal authorities either in hard copy
form or in electronic format using commonly available legal
- Fully perform the job of Legal Secretary, including the ability
to work with limited instructions from attorneys, on legal projects
and routine documents, and have the ability to prioritize
- Experience in creating, maintaining and organizing files.
- Experience with document management systems.
- Legal Secretary Certification
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Package including Word,
Excel, Power Point, Outlook Location: San Antonio, TX 78205 Pay
Rate: $29.43 Contract Duration: 5 month contract--
Keywords: System One, San Antonio , Senior Legal Secretary, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!