Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Purpose of Job This role will be assigned to the Enterprise Privacy
Vertical Business Controls Management (BCM) Team.
Promotes a risk-awareness to ensure the overall effectiveness of
risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and
operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate
with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business
Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and
compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to
the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing
supervision of business controls. including risk and control
self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the
first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and
strengthen the overall control environment. Manages risk assessment
data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of
defense. Job Requirements
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk
and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives on behalf of the
business including but not limited to: oversight of
procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing,
document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure
governance, control design, new product controls, supplier
governance, or quality governance.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in more than one key area
(e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) data and Business
Controls Management and applies a holistic understanding of risk
and regulatory compliance to influence business strategies and
- Hold responsible for first line of defense data analysis,
report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business
- Identifies opportunities to leverage untapped resources across
the enterprise to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and
anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to
enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk
and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional
areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution, and
leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members
and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to
ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are
followed. Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of operations experience in a relevant
functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking,
investment, information technology, public accounting or other
related operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives
within the business is required.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry
regulations and regulatory data sources required.*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses. Preferred
- 3+ years Operational Leadership Experience
- Financial Services Institution Experience
- Experience with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),
Unified Compliance Framework (UCF), and NIST Cyber Security
- Knowledge with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA) and other Privacy related laws and regulations
- Experience with Information Governance and Sensitive Data
- Knowledge of California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits package in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers .Relocation assistance is
available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete
12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/25/19 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!