Compliance Advisor Lead
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Compliance Advisor Lead for
our Remote or San Antonio, TX location.
Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy
development and implementation of compliance solutions.
Independently performs complex and often unique work assignments
and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise projects.
Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects,
processes, and product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal
requirements and enterprise policy.Job RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers for 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT USAA COMPLIANCE TEAMThe
team supports Compliance programs across various shared service
CoSA s. The Compliance program components include but are not
limited to; Issue Management, Regulatory Change Management,
Discipline Execution, Third Party Compliance Program, Monitoring
and Compliance Risk Assessment.See what it's like to work for a
company where your passion meets our purpose:PRIMARY
- Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes
- Leads and motivates cross functional team members in strategy
development and implementation of compliance solutions.
- Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in
interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying
team dynamics and by promoting development of team
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and
potential solutions, and leads crossfunctional teams through the
problem resolution process.
- Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and
recommends compliance solutions impacting the enterprise.
- Establishes aggressive goals for the organization and monitors
to ensure achievement.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or
- Advises senior management on issues and has authority to make
project related decisions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to senior
leadership; negotiates solutions with leadership.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and
identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Develops action plans for advancing compliance initiatives and
for resolving outstanding compliance issues.
- Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the
industry to sustain competitive advantage.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and
- Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory
landscape and the company's key challenges.
- Serves as the primary resource for crossfunctional team members
on escalated issues of a unique nature.
- Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others
on complex issues, and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works
to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly
skilled team of compliance professionals.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and
requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results;
provides guidance to crossfunctional team members to ensure goal
achievement and team success.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- 8 or more years of industry experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and of
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to
include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.PREFERRED
- 3 years working knowledge of the Compliance program
- Proven experience creating and building relationship with first
line of defense
- Extensive experience overseeing annual compliance plan
processes and managing associated reporting.BENEFITS USAA's most
valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of
diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and
ideas.Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly
competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive
healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee
resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay,
career planning and continuing education.We promote a strong
work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and
conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health
center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores,
covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress
environment.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees
enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including
a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidatesto apply to the opening is 06/04/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, company, compliance,
compliance department, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal, llp,
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Compliance Advisor Lead, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!