Executive, Bank Business Risk and Controls
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobLeads the implementation of the first line of defense
risk management program for a line of business or staff agency.
Develops the framework to ensure risk data is captured to develop
risk mitigation strategies and controls. Engages and partners with
the Enterprise Risk Management COE and provides leadership and
direction to ensure processes and procedures are in place to
effectively monitor and manage risk.Job RequirementsJob
- Develops first line of defense operational controls, risk
management programs and framework for line of business or staff
agency. Oversees the implementation and maintenance of the control
framework to include internal and external.
- Manages the development of quality standards, operating
policies, and procedures and directs implementation of approved
changes. Identifies risk and/or quality control improvements and
provides support for major initiatives as appropriate, including
project activities, related integrations, strategic activities, and
large system/process improvements.
- Responsible for long term strategic initiatives related to risk
management. Partners with Senior Leaders in Audit, Compliance and
Operational Risk to provide guidance on control designs that
address strategic, operational, financial and regulatory risks.
Represents USAA with Regulatory examiners to ensure effective and
consistent communication practices.
- Responsible for the governance, administration of compliance
and operational documents and operating procedures.
- Stays current of regulatory environment and new developments;
Develops and recommends action plans for initiatives that have
regulatory impact. Supports and engages as appropriate in
discussions with relevant regulators (e.g. OCC, FDIC, CFPB) on the
business risk control program and results. Keeps direct Senior
Management apprised of changes and developments.
- Establishes and monitors key performance and risk
indicators/metrics for line of business or staff agency to assist
with the early identification of risk trends as first line of
- Leads a team of professionals who perform overall assessments
of operational risks and controls, and conduct testing and analyses
to identify, validate, and manage emerging risk exposures.
- Bachelor s degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years of financial services experience with a focus
on Business Management, Operations, Risk Management, Audit,
Control, or Reporting required. 6 or more years of people
leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing
high-performing teams required.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders,
influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Strong knowledge of industry-related regulatory requirements,
and operational risk concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate and operate
across multiple levels of an organization required.Preferred:
- Experience building, designing, and implementing a first or
second line of defense program in a large, complex Bank or
Financial Institution Associated topics: bi, business, business
analyst, business analytic, consult, financial analyst, financial
analytic, legal, monitor, valuation analyst
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Executive, Bank Business Risk and Controls, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!