Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - P&C Governance & Adherence
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Business Risk and
Controls Advisor Senior - P&C Governance & Adherence for our
San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility or Remote.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring
adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control
self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the
first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and
strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk
assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to
first line of defense.Job Requirements
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls on behalf of
the business, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance
related initiatives which may include: oversight of
procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing,
document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure
governance, control design, or new product controls, supplier
governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls
and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the
effectiveness of established business controls.
- Serves as a first line of defense Subject Matter Expert in one
or more key areas e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance data (GRC)
- Holds responsible for first line of defense data analysis,
report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies
opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control
Self-Assessments (RCSA's), translates control deficiencies into
action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance
practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to
correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Facilitates, manages and oversees complex projects involving
cross-functional areas in the first line of defense.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and
implementation phases for effective and timely risk
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for
managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring and
management of resulting exception cases. Ensures adherence and
compliance with regulations and controls by examining and proper
- Serves as a primary resource to less experienced team members
and/or cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation
opportunities. Stays informed of changes to the regulatory
environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and
requirements are followed.Minimum Requirements
- 6 or more years operations experience in a relevant functional
area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment,
information technology, public accounting or other related
operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
(10 years total experience required without a degree).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry
regulations and regulatory data sources.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level.*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Experience with successful demonstration and translation of
business strategy into governance execution and ongoing
- Experience leading small and large groups to a defined action
including groups of executive leadership
- Experience working with internal controls, risk management
and/or audit techniques
- Knowledge of banking or insurance laws and regulations
- Experience working in AGILEThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: .net, c#, design, develop, matlab, maven,
programming, senior, software architect, software engineer
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - P&C Governance & Adherence, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!