Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 26, 2019
Purpose of Job Promotes a risk-awareness to ensure the overall
effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk
analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner
and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as
Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support
risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring
adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and
ongoing supervision of business controls. including risk and
control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control
effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and
compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the
first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and
strengthen the overall control environment. Manages risk assessment
data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of
defense. Job Requirements
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk
and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives on behalf of the
business including but not limited to: oversight of
procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing,
document governance, risk control self assessments, procedure
governance, control design, new product controls, supplier
governance, or quality governance.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in more than one key area
(e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) data and Business
Controls Management and applies a holistic understanding of risk
and regulatory compliance to influence business strategies and
- Hold responsible for first line of defense data analysis,
report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business
- Identifies opportunities to leverage untapped resources across
the enterprise to improve and strengthen the control environment
through actionable insights.
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and
anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to
enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk
and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional
areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution, and
leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members
and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to
ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are
followed. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree; 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 8 or more years of operations experience in a relevant
functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking,
investment, information technology, public accounting or other
related operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives
within the business is required.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry
regulations and regulatory data sources required. *Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience interacting with management, regulatory agencies,
and business partners to ensure appropriate execution of regulatory
- Knowledge of banking, insurance or investment laws and
regulations, as applicable
- Program and project management experience
- Experience working with internal controls, business and
information technology risks and/or audit techniques
- Experience with audit and exam engagement
- 6 or more years experience in Internal Control Financial
Reporting (ICFR), financial accounting and controls and/or auditing
work experience OR 4 years of recent progressive ICFR Controls
experience at a Big Four accounting firm or public company with
demonstrated expert functional knowledge in driving adoption of
ICFR and driving cross-functional teams in planning and executing
multiple, complex situations. The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers .
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
05/26/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: .net, c, design, devops, php, project architect,
senior, senior software engineer, software architect, software
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!