Business Risk and Controls Advisor I - Real Estate
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Purpose of Job Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure
the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management
programs, first line of defense risk analytics and operations in
the business. This role will partner and collaborate with
Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT,
Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance based
initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance
of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of
business controls including risk and control self-assessments,
identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying
control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation,
market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in
an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall
control environment. Leverages risk assessment data, and identifies
key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense. Job
- Manages the following initiatives on behalf of the business in
support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives
which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate
regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control
self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, or new
product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls
which may include the coordination of testing, root cause analysis,
control design, and examining key metrics to evaluate the
effectiveness of established business controls.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in one key area, as
- Performs line of defense data analysis, report preparation and
trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control
Self-Assessments (RCSA?s), translates control deficiencies into
action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance
practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with process owners to identify control failures, and
assesses the impact.
- Makes recommendations to drive improvement efforts and
facilitates effective and timely risk remediation through action
- Advises senior management on the status of their control
environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses
and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains processes, procedures, and tools for managing
exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring and management
of resulting exception cases.
- Ensures adherence and compliance with regulations and controls
by examining and proper documentation.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members and
advises on risk mitigation opportunities and stays informed of
changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance
with processes and requirements are followedMinimum Requirements
- 4 or more years operations experience in a relevant functional
area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment,
information technology, public accounting or other related
operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
(8 years total experience required without a degree).
- Proficient knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance,
industry regulations and regulatory data sources.*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses.Preferred
- Experience with risk management, internal controls and risk
- Extensive knowledge of mortgage related regulatory
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and work in
a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to provide effective challenge and
identify potential solutions. The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 07/15/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Business Risk and Controls Advisor I - Real Estate, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!