Custodian of Records Specialist
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 18, 2019
PURPOSE OF JOB
Conducts research and performs analysis for assigned area of
specialization on behalf of USAA Federal Savings Bank to determine
response to Subpoena's, Criminal and Civil Court Orders, Grand Jury
requests and National Security Letters for member related Bank
documents. Maintains advanced knowledge of industry laws and
regulations, and internal policies, procedures and processes in
USAA Bank operations.
We are seeking a talented Custodian of Records Specialist for the
San Antonio Home Office II/III.
* Works under minimal supervision; acquires and applies advanced
knowledge of industry and internal policies and processes.
* Uses established procedures and significant experience to carry
out complex work assignments.
* Analyzes and investigates allegations and inquiries from related
federal, state, and local government agencies, and/or current or
former employees and members.
* Communicates with USAA members as needed.
* Work under the direction of Bank Counsel to research member files
to determine response to Subpoena's, Criminal and Civil Court
Orders, Grand Jury requests and
* National Security Letters for member related Banking
* Reviews and prepares required documents associated with requests
and ensures proper filing of documents with regulatory authorities,
courts and other tribunals; monitors status of pending requests to
meet deadlines and distributes copies of all required member
related bank documents to requesting parties.
* Facilitates the coordination of internal and external resources
such as, local, state and federal government and law enforcement
agencies, to include relationships with internal and external
* Maintains comprehensive knowledge of all requirements in assigned
area of specialization and serves as subject matter expert for the
* May travel to attend court proceedings (civil, criminal and or
court martial hearings), as the custodian of records on behalf of
USAA Federal Savings Bank.
* High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
* 2 or more years financial services experience.
* Experience working with federal, state, local, and military law
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and internal
applicable processes and operating systems.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
* 3 years Deposit Background.
* Strong experience with Bank Custodian of Records (all work item
types to include Child Support Garnishment, IRS Levy, State
Comptroller, State Levy, Texas Workforce, VA Demand for Payment,
Writ of Garnishment).
* 3 years of deep knowledge and WRIT of Garnishments experience
and/or USAA Bank COR experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
RELOCATION assistance is NOT AVAILABLE for this position.
FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
LAST DAY FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES TO APPLY TO THE OPENING IS
08/14/19 BY 11:59 PM CST TIME.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other
legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
here. For USAA s Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click
here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with
disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable
accommodation, please email HumanResources@usaa.com or call
1-800-210-USAA and select option 3 for assistance.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Custodian of Records Specialist, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!