Development Product Owner Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Purpose of JobRepresents business stakeholders to elicit,
understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business
needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build
effective solutions. Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer
needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize
investment, business value and delivery. Works within multiple
evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and
sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof.
Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing
the work of subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as
the day to day decision maker and provides continual business
guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the execution team's
work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's
strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for
completion and proper documentation of business requirements and
validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise
controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify
and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates
issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.Job
- Works under minimal supervision on complex efforts that can
span a year or more.
- Works with multiple teams within a program, and occasionally
may lead and provide oversight to other DPOs on larger
- Works with the Enterprise platform and/or multiple systems
integration for major elements of technical infrastructure.
- Works Epic-level efforts that coordinate distribution to, and
release across multiple scrum teams, within scaled Agile
organizations as necessary.
- Serve as an expert in more than one particular business or
system domain capable of leading development across multiple teams
at the program level.
- Identifies, engages, influences and leads business stakeholders
and Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand,
validate and help shape business strategy and vision, and customer
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an
advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls
for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with program and project level plans related to
schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps. -
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work
items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project and program
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arm them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Coaches less experienced DPOs and team members. -
- Serves as an expert in the business development/execution
discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve
and advance the function.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 or more years of experience in business and/or project
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and
- Advanced knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
methodologies.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Experience in automation projects preferably in RPA, IA, or
- Ability to manage complex project portfolio supporting
- Black belt certification. -
- Ability to analyze process and establish root cause.
- Ability to establish strong relationship with various
stakeholders and manage priorities.
- Experience in working with IT developers and business
- Ability to develop and review documentation (requirements,
stories, DFD, etc).The above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. - Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.USAA also offers a variety of on-site services
and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life,
including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness
centers.Relocation assistance is available for this position.For
Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current position
(from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's
approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply
to the opening is 08/12/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner Senior, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!