Specialist II, Laparoscopy
Company: Aesculap Inc.
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Aesculap Inc.Specialist II, LaparoscopyUS-TX-San AntonioJob ID:
2019-14949Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
SalesRemote U.S.OverviewAesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part
of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs
of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close
collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced
technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure
technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and
responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that
improve the quality of patients? lives.ResponsibilitiesPosition
Summary:The individual is responsible for developing and growing
sales within Aesculap?s advanced energy and laparoscopic
instruments in an assigned market place. Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for selling strategic products into
strategic accounts within the assigned geographic region
- Coordinates and performs product evaluations of existing and
- Develops surgeon and key opinion leader relationships in
conjunction with Product Management
- Develop sales objectives and customer targeting plans for
strategic products within the assigned geographic region.
- Submits a monthly report that identifies all opportunities
being pursued in the geographic region of responsibility. The
report will be broken down by account and product.
- Supports the Advanced Energy and Laparoscopic product line in
surgery. Also conducts in services with surgeons, scrub technicians
and nursing staff, and sterile supply personnel as needed.
- Works with Product Management to develop quality
- Maintains an accurate record of sales to pending accounts,
surgeons, and other key people.
- Assists at Aesculap Academy courses and convention workshops as
- Participates in trade shows and convention activities as
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated
in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company?s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assignedSecondary or peripheral job
- Uses professional skills in accordance with company objectives
to establish proficiency in the use of all assigned Aesculap Focus
Products. Creativity, problem solving, situational analysis,
communication, and sales abilities are required to achieve
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air
and car when needed, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a
valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication
- Must be able to provide all necessary & required information
for hospital verification programs
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products,
Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may
have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In
compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working
environment for all employees Supervisory Responsibilities:N/A
- Bachelor?s degree in Biological/Physiological Sciences or
- At least 2 years previous sales experience within operating
room or similar clinical environment.
- Expertise in laparoscopic or bariatric surgery and related
product know-how; experience with a major endomechanical provider
- Experience in laparoscopic instrumentation sales,
endo-mechanical instrument sales, advanced energy device sales and
experience selling innovative new products into a highly
- Experience taking product from surgeon interest through the
Value Analysis Committee process to the point of approval, hospital
stocking and surgeon procedural adoption.
- Possess laparoscopic surgeon relationships; preferably with
General Surgeons, Gynecological Surgeons and Urologists
- Sales achiever who can be an individual contributor and a sales
- Advanced degree and/or clinical specialist
certification.Desired:While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 20 pounds. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which
includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To
learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or
view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on
the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.Through its ?Sharing Expertise??
initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous
improvement of healthcare products and services. PI114158909
Keywords: Aesculap Inc., San Antonio , Specialist II, Laparoscopy, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!