Senior Network Engineer role in San Antonio, TX
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Modis is currently looking for two new Senior Network
Engineers for a short term contract to hire role here in San
Antonio, TX. If you have experience working in a large enterprise
environment with Cisco routers and switches, VPN troubleshooting,
and F5 load balancing experience then we would love to hear from
• Provides senior level support for the network appliances in a
primarily Cisco environment. This support consists of the
design, implementation, monitoring, auditing and support
activities. Support includes Incident & Problem
Management, Change & Release Management, and disaster
recovery/business continuity for the following: firewalls,
Network routers and switches, network based intrusion detection,
VPN management, wireless network, NAC (Network Admission Control),
and F5 appliances.
• Develops and documents standards and procedures to ensure quality
assurance; and oversees change control, log monitoring, and overall
• Supervises and directs the activities of outsourced network
projects and provides technical oversight for junior level
• Designs and implements all business-to-business projects
involving technology and secure connectivity between customers
• Assesses and investigates security breaches on the Enterprise
Data Network to include forensic investigations and evidence
preservation; and documentation, reporting, and incident response
notification, if warranted.
• Maintains network monitoring systems such as Cisco Prime
• Plans, performs, and documents results of network security change
• Researches and recommends new network devices, tools, and
technologies as needed for future infrastructure enhancements.
• Assists the Director, Network Operations in the completion of
company needs, projects, design, and technology portions of the
RFP's for new business.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent work
Must have at least four to six years of practical experience with
advanced LAN & WAN Networking Technologies.
• Expert-level working knowledge of all aspects of Cisco network
technology: Routers, Switches, VPN Products & Routing
• Strong working knowledge of Routing, Firewall, VPN, and Security
Appliance technologies and management.
• Extensive working knowledge of Network Intrusion Detection
• Working knowledge of F5 Load Balance Appliances, Ironport email
security, Intra-Internet security (proxy), Network based intrusion
detection and RSA multi-factor authentication.
• Extensive working knowledge of generally accepted IT network and
security procedures and standards.
• Display the ability to relate business requirements and risk to
technology implementation for networking-related issues.
• Working knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy
formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication
technologies and security attack pathologies.
• Working knowledge and experience with the ITIL framework
(Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
• Ability to work with various levels of users (IT staff and
vendors) to resolve business & systems issues in a timely
• Excellent written/oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Solid project management skills and team-oriented interpersonal
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
Cisco CCNA in Routing & Switching
Must be able to achieve a CCNP Level Engineering Position within
the first 12 months of employment
Keywords: , San Antonio , Senior Network Engineer role in San Antonio, TX, PR / Public Relations , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!