IT Systems Analyst Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented IT Systems
Analyst Senior to work in our Remote Office.
IT Systems Analysts are responsible for leading, managing, and
facilitating activities pertaining to the development and
completion of system deliverables. System deliverables include
validating artifacts, developing system requirements, and assisting
with translation into functional system specifications. Incumbents
work with business and IT delivery teams in order to understand the
business vision and collaborate with IT delivery teams to enrich
understanding by thorough deliverables development and reviews. IT
Systems Analysts research and help resolve defects and production
issues with business and technical teams and assist with defining
and creating test case scenarios. In addition, responsibilities
include participation in the sign-off of key deliverables and the
storage of critical artifacts, as well as accountability for
managing systems requirements and artifacts to IT team members.Job
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here,
we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12
million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Understands and applies advanced knowledge of the business and
technical domains supported to include its products, processes and
- Serves as a business proxy/SME on business topics within one or
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal
and external) and the software development team through which
- Facilitates/oversees the analysis and design of technology
solutions to ensure business needs are met.
- Employs creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in the search for
technology solutions designed to support analyses and business
- Effectively leads the elicitation and documentation of system
requirements and solutions into work products.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and
internal customers to analyze information needs and requirements to
deliver system artifacts as needed.
- For example: Functional/system requirements, use cases, GUI
specifications and Business Rules.
- Effectively serves and business and technical SME on PLN
efforts, research and other pre project topics.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness,
consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to
- Manages and ensures traceability of approved and base lined
work products through the software development lifecycle to include
application specifications, design, development, usability,
testing, implementation, and defect prioritization.
- Provides guidance on Test Scenarios and reviews Test Cases and
ensures coverage of testable requirements.
- Collaborates with Test Leads and subject matter experts to
establish the Testing Approach including usability and performance
- Provides certification and actively participates in defect
management activities to confirm requirements are being met.
- Manages change control for affected system artifacts.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience to include business
and/or project management, business/system requirements, and
- Advanced knowledge of multiple software delivery life cycles
(Waterfall and Agile).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable
- Advanced understanding of system architecture and knowledge of
software development concepts.
- Experience or Advanced knowledge of modeling techniques (e.g.,
UML) and usecase development as well as experience with one or more
software development frameworks.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 10+ years IT Operations experience including IT
Contracts/Vendor Management/Vendor Network Integrations
- Expert level IT Incident/Problem Management skills including
Root Cause Analysis and Problem Resolution
- Strong ability to facilitate critical conversations and
influence internal/external stakeholders driving to improved vendor
- Program/Portfolio Management
- Strategic Planning
- Change Management
- IT Vendor Network Integrations/Connectivity
- Full lifecycle IT Vendor Relationship Management (QBRs,
- IT Negotiations/Contract Development
- Risk Management
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/16/20
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , IT Systems Analyst Senior, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!