Development Product Owner Analyst I -PNC Modernization
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Development
Product Owner Senior-PNC Modernization for the San Antonio Home
Office II/III or Remote Work Location Available
Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze,
document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business
and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions.
Utilizes an advanced understanding of customer needs, as well as
business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business
value and delivery. Works within multiple evolving development
methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall
programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the
business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of
subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to
day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the
execution team. Prioritizes the execution team's work so that it
aligns with the sponsor's/business executive's strategies. Leads,
manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper
documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as
appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the
business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to
include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops
and recommends appropriate solutions.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly-- Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31
- Works under minimal supervision on complex efforts that can
span a year or more.
- Works with multiple teams within a program, and occasionally
may lead and provide oversight to other DPOs on larger
- Works with the Enterprise platform and/or multiple systems
integration for major elements of technical infrastructure.
- Works Epic-level efforts that coordinate distribution to, and
release across multiple scrum teams, within scaled Agile
organizations as necessary.
- Serve as an expert in more than one particular business or
system domain capable of leading development across multiple teams
at the program level.
- Identifies, engages, influences and leads business stakeholders
and Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand,
validate and help shape business strategy and vision, and customer
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an
advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls
for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery
teams, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective
throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to
manage and track benefits, adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assists with program and project level plans related to
schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates cross-functional teams
of user experience partners, designers, business analysts,
developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in
alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work
items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the
decision to create, fix or defer at the project and program
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback
and new requirements from stakeholders.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure
specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arm them with tactics
and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Coaches less experienced DPOs and team members.
- Serves as an expert in the business development/execution
discipline, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve
and advance the function.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.Minimum Experience:
- 6 or more years of experience in business and/or project
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and
- Advanced knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
methodologies.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
job level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- 4+ years Policy and/or Claims experience
- 3+ years of technical knowledge
- 2+ years experience working in program and execution
- Experience with working with multiple teams in different
- Knowledge of FinPAL
- Product Owner certification(s) or trainingRelocation assistance
is notavailable for this position.The above description reflects
the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of
hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day to apply to the opening is 11/10/20 by 11:59 pm
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner Analyst I -PNC Modernization, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!