Company: The SYGMA Network
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 24, 2021
US3089 Sygma San Antonio, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
To provide assistance to the Transportation and Warehouse teams by
preparing equipment needed for loading, unloading and
dispatching according to established company standards.
- Works with the loaders and management team to move trucks and
trailers from one location to another according to door assignments
in order to complete the loading process in a timely manner;
ensures trailer or truck is completely loaded and secured and the
refrigeration unit is operating correctly before moving from the
dock area; moves tractors and trailers as needed to facilitate the
- Ensures all food safety protocols are met according to
established guidelines (e.g. proper temperatures are maintained in
the delivery vehicle and maintains sanitary conditions in tractor
and trailer); assists with maintaining sanitary conditions with the
building exterior, in the warehouse and yard.
- Completes trailer sanitation prior to reloading if needed (e.g.
preparation, disposal of trash, sweeping, pressure washing).
- Performs daily inspections to incoming /outgoing equipment;
completes the inventory of equipment necessary to and related to
the operation of transportation (e.g. 2 wheeled hand carts, load
- Handles all returned merchandise according to established
standards (e.g. proper disposal of damage, logs, and records all
items into or out of stock).
- Ensures all load bars and bulkheads are properly accounted for
and stored according to established standards and that hand trucks
are placed on the proper trucks; maintains and repairs reasonable
damage to load bars and hand trucks; notifies management of outside
sourcing for repairs not capable at center; ensure all trailer
doors are properly secured prior to being relieved or leaving for
- Occasionally makes trips to truck service terminals for
refueling and repairs when necessary; maintains periodic
maintenance and calibration with trip master units.
- Picks up local backhauls when necessary, and/or makes
deliveries to customers or vendors.
- Follows preferred work methods at all times, and immediately
advises supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal
- Communicates with the management team regarding any trailer or
loading issues, equipment issues or other concerns that arise
during the work shift.
- Works assigned schedule and work overtime as needed; exhibits
regular and predictable attendance.
- High school diploma/General Education Degree (GED) or
- 1 year of tractor-trailer experience preferred or the
equivalent in work experience is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- Class A Commercial Driver's License is preferred and may be
required at some distribution centers.
- Knowledge of: safe lifting and delivery practices.
- Skill in: communicating with co-workers; solving problems.
- Ability to: read, write and communicate in English as it
relates to the job and to safety regulations; perform basic math
functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide); effectively plan
and organize work activities independent of direct supervision;
train other associates in using lift gates, ramps, and other
tractor-trailer equipment; complete road tests for new hire
candidates; be flexible, prioritize work and solve problems.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to lift, push, or move product that weighs
up to up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pulls up to 350 pounds of
product with a 2-wheeled hand cart; climb in and out of a tractor
and trailer; reach to stack and unstack products and hand cart;
bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving
items from trailer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- Works non-traditional business hours including evenings,
nights, weekends, holidays, on-call and starting at various start
times are required in order to successfully meet customers'
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, San Antonio , Hostler, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!