Party Chief Surveyor
Company: Texas Sterling Construction Co.
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: April 10, 2021
OverviewThe Party Chief Surveyor is responsible for managing a
survey crew performing boundary, topography, right of way, and
construction surveys for public and private clients.
**Projects will involve roadway, bridge construction, asphalt &
concrete Paving. Must have experience with these types of
- Set project control points
- Run bench loops (using conventional and digital levels)
- Maintain survey equipment
- Perform all type of survey layouts and as-builts
- Bridge layouts include drilled shafts, footings, columns, caps,
abutments, bearing seats, profile tie beams, overhangs, help set
alignment and grade for bid-well, etc---)
- Roadways: stake for excavation, set subgrade bluetops, profile
subgrade and asphalt, set paving nails for concrete lanes/widths on
- Walls: MSE walls + cast in place walls, underdrain, concrete
footing, coping level-up.
- Storm drain, topos, as-builts, road signs, pvmt striping.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 year minimum experience performing survey layouts
- 3+ years' experience in Bridge Surveying and surface
- 2+ yeas experience using Trimble s5 and s6 robotics, Trimble
TSC 3 data collectors with the Access program (Calculator, Trimble
GPS units - Must have!)
- Must have a valid Driver License, have a good driving record,
and pass a driver license background check
- Understand instrument setup quality and staking tolerances
- Proficient reading plans/layout sheets
- Must be able to perform survey layouts by using station and
offsets, point staking, staking line between points, using roadway
baselines/centerlines, set grade with 3d surface models.
- Must be able to set grades with given elevations or DTMs
- Must be able to attach and detach the following files: roadway
centerlines, DTMs, csv's, and txt.
- Work 40-60 hrs weekly
- Good math skills
- GED or High school diploma, Associate degree is a plus
- be able read, write, and speak English. (Spanish is a
- Must be willing to potentially work nights and weekends.
- Must not be afraid of heights
- Must be willing to work during summer and winter days
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health, vision, dental Benefits
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
Keywords: Texas Sterling Construction Co., San Antonio , Party Chief Surveyor, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!