Company: Pacific Seafood
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
* Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group
Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
and promote teamwork at all times.
* Inspect product for quality, grade and sort by size.
* Pack product.
* Proper methods in all production areas.
* Maintain proper par levels as instructed.
* Communicate supply material levels.
* Maintain plant safety.
* Maintain and proper use of production equipment.
* Keep work area clean at all times.
* Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Provide back up support for other duties as needed.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Experience with the utilization of food processing equipment,
sanitation and food safety, and the safe operation of fork lifts
and powered pallet jacks.
* Experience with radio frequency hand held scanners and quality
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
* Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the team member is:
* Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
* Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
* Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
* Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
* Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists,
hands, and/or fingers.
* The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the
accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e.,
custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general
observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard,
* Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those a team member encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this Job, the team member is exposed to:
* Wet and/or humid conditions
* Extreme cold
* Loud noise level
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your
overall compensation package.
When you add in the additional benefits below to your competitive
base wage you can increase your total compensation by up to
* Health insurance benefits options, including medical,
prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term
* Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care
* 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company
profit sharing match
* Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include sick
days, paid holidays, vacation and personal time
* Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional
counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge
to Team Members and immediate family members
* Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Pacific Seafood, San Antonio , Production Worker, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!