Supply Chain Cost Analyst (Remote)
Company: Pure Storage
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 26, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.What do NASA and emerging space
companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with
Roblox and the Metaverse?The answer is data, -- all fast moving,
fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in
their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the
full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision
is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by
simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000
customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched
the surface of our ambitions .Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go If you, like us, say "bring it
on" to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless
opportunities where you can make your mark.SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS
CHALLENGE...Operations covers areas including order fulfillment,
procurement, commodity management, cost, technical manufacturing,
and demand and supply planning.The people are what truly makes this
an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships and everyone
comes together a couple times each year for exciting offsite trips
and events. They strive to ensure employees to enjoy coming to
work, and most of all, have fun!What You Will Be Doing---
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders and external contract
manufacturers to establish quarterly pricing for our products.
- Model and present new product cost for our NPI products.
- Analyze standard versus actual cost results, provide concise
understanding of variances compared to plan. Analyze actual
performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction
opportunities with supply chain, commodity, logistics, NPI,
- Monitor, analyze, and report on inventory level, cost of goods
sold, and manufacturing variances.
- Based on cost forecasting expertise, support Operations
decision-making projects, providing timely analytical support.
- Advise on manufacturing costing activities and provide
improvement strategies that the company should take. Forecasting
impacts of suggested improvements.
- Assist with cost reporting automation and cross-functional
process improvement projects.
- Forecast and approve spend on tariff shipments. What You'll
Need To Bring To This Role...
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain, Business, or Finance) with 4+
years of experience in Cost Accounting or Manufacturing/Supply
Chain Cost .
- Familiarity with all aspects of inventory, product lifecycle,
and cost activities.
- Highly detail-oriented, strong quantitative, analytic and
- Data visualization experience in Tableau or similar tool is a
- Experience with accessing/querying RDBMS database data (SQL or
similar) is a plus.
- Clear and precise communication. Experience working with
cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects
- Flexible, collaborative, and a dynamic team-player who can work
collaboratively with many different types of personalities and
still maintain a sense of calm and good humor under pressure.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with oral and written communication
skills with proven experience presenting project information to
representatives from all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize
multiple tasks, problem solve under pressure of deadlines and
resource constraints. Pure Storage applies a geographic based pay
structure depending on an employee's location. For applicants
located in Colorado (as required by SB19-085):
- The annual base salary range is: $75,000 - $113,000. This role
may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.Pure
is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.Through our Pure Equality
program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource
groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team
members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and
global communities through volunteering and grants.And because we
understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work,
we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including
flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team
events.PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.Research shows that in order
to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the
criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%.
Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job
and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.Pure is proud to be
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in
which you are being considered for hire.If you need assistance or
an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at
TA-Ops@purestorage.com .APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION
PRIVACY NOTICE.If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses
information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant &
Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice .DEEMED EXPORT
LICENSE NOTICE.Some positions may require a deemed export license
for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note:
Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications
so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated
sponsorship.PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19
MANDATEIn accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated
federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the
health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers,
and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure
employees and contractors working in the United States are expected
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date.
Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons,
you must initiate Pure's exemption request process which will
determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with
applicable local, state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, San Antonio , Supply Chain Cost Analyst (Remote), Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!