Electro Mechanical Technician
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Who We AreKETOS is ushering in a new era of understanding around
one of the most fundamental, critical elements of life: water. Our
goal is simple: to improve water quality, safety and conservation -
and enhance health on a global scale. We do this by providing the
tools and insights needed to optimize water usage, ensure resource
efficiency and provide water safety assurance - and by making these
tools accurate, affordable and accessible.Our blend of innovative
patented hardware with an intelligent interactive software fabric
provides predictive and actionable insights through data analytics.
These make up the core elements of the KETOS platform - and lead to
the smart water data needed for smart irrigation, industries and
cities.Job Summary/ObjectiveKETOS is looking for a highly
motivated, independent and responsible Electro Mechanical Engineer
to be part of our dynamic and diverse group. This position requires
embracing challenges and making a difference in a fast-paced
Hardware Development & Operations environment. As a Electro
Mechanical Engineer at our company, you will be the backbone of
smooth-running operations. You will work hands on with highly
innovative designs transforming how water is measured, managed, and
forecasted in Agricultural, Industrial, and Municipal applications.
Responsible for identifying and driving improvement in our
products, processes and partners, you will be a key to KETOS
growth, scale and ultimate customer happiness.
- Identify failed elements through a hands-on analysis
- Performs root cause failure analysis on complex
- Create and Analyze failure reports to determine the root cause
of the issue
- Test, debug and repair sub assemblies
- Provide feedback with sustainable solutions for corrective
- Seek and develop automation and improvement opportunities for
- Conduct routine checks on systems to avoid failures
- Define requirements for manufacturing test
- Design test rigs for manufacturing, lab and field testing.
- Write manufacturing and field documentation.
- Produces comprehensive reports based on findings
- Provides technical guidance to field support and design
engineering on findings
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Creative problem solving.
- Exceptional technical analysis skills
- Familiarity with risk analysis (failure rates/times)
- Hands-on lab experience: soldering, multimeter, preferably
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science,
or a related field
- Proficiency in data management and reporting
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions and
- Solid understanding and experience with electrical, mechanical
robotic assemblies, and preferably fluidic systems
- Significant experience working as a failure analysis engineer,
test engineer, manufacturing engineer, product engineer, new
products engineer or other similar support engineering
- Ability to design tests for fluidics, optics, mechanical, and
- Experience in creating documentation for manufacturing, field
and internal processes.
- Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and product quality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail when it comes to documentation, test plans,
and root cause corrective actions
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.Preferred Experience:
- Solidworks modeling
- Test engineering
- Basic hands-on experience with power tools, drill press, and
electrical test equipment.
- Environmental stress screening experienceEducation / Work
- BS in Engineering preferably Mechanical, Mechatronics or
- At least 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Start up / small company experience highly preferred
Keywords: KETOS, San Antonio , Electro Mechanical Technician, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!