Principal Enterprise Architect
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 27, 2022
DescriptionThe Principal Enterprise Architect is an experienced
professional providing technology architecture expertise and
guidance across multiple business divisions, organizations &
technology domains. This role will incorporate a strong
consultant-oriented approach working across business and technology
teams to summarize the current environment and establish a target
vision aligned with business and IT strategy. Through engagement
with business partners and a deep understanding of technology
capabilities, industry trends and business areas you're responsible
for, you will lead efforts to align strategic investment planning &
major programs for one or more business areas. Primary
- Translate business strategy into target architecture (business,
data, application & technology), and required strategic
investments; Identify opportunities and key technology enablers to
optimize IT investment.
- Define / maintain Target Architectures in Roadmaps and platform
- Influence the technology strategy & technology investments that
will realize the business strategy.
- Lead and/or assist efforts to scope and architect major change
initiatives, leading strategic options analysis & proposing
end-to-end solutions & highlighting trade-offs.
- Review ongoing designs of initiatives to ensure they align with
strategic roadmaps, target architectures, and comply with
technology standards. resolve design issues during delivery.
- Provide technical guidance and feedback on architecture,
software design, and best practices throughout the software
development life cycle
- Collaborate and mentor solution architects, engineers and
business team members on enterprise and solution
- 10+ years relevant technology architecture experience -
including evidence of scoping and architecting major programs, and
leading efforts to shape strategic portfolio investment.
- Working knowledge of the Financial Services industry preferably
in either Consumer / Retail Banking (e.g., digital transformation),
consumer lending including mortgage and student lending.
- Experience creating & maintaining Architecture Roadmaps and
- Define solution architecture / design, compliance, and
- Strong communication and influencing skills with business &
- Experience building prototypes to demonstrate new technology
tools and solution capabilities
- Demonstrated experience of leading virtual teams made up of
business and technology resources.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to
plan and prioritize workload
- Experience and familiarity with Enterprise Architecture
frameworks & industry models (i.e., TOGAF, BIAN).
- Strong competence in APIs, Microservices, Cloud, Agile, DevOps,
Security etc., Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Exceptional technical communication skills with the ability to
explain complex technical issues to a technical or non-technical
- Familiarity with opensource tools, IDE/Development tools,
infrastructure/networking components, and platform management
- Demonstrated experience of identifying and leading forward
process improvements. Experience working with the design,
integration and/or support of internally developed and vendor
packages within an overall enterprise architecture.
- Competence in full stack, web and/or native mobile
applications, and hybrid hosting environments (on prem, cloud)
- Experience in database design, back-end development, and
- Competence in Web and mobile front end, Back-end development
- Advanced knowledge of architectural patterns for writing
scalable and maintainable software and of security best practices
for software development
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Cloud Architect certification
- Experience working in Agile delivery (i.e., Scrum, Kanban
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to
estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this
role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.Why Work for
UsAt Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around
helping our customers and giving back to our local communities.
When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and
collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to
accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal
Employment OpportunityCitizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and
related companies provide equal employment and advancement
opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment
without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or
mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender,
gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic
characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of
domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition,
military or veteran status, national origin,
pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's
reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state
and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity
Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank,
N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Keywords: Citizens, San Antonio , Principal Enterprise Architect, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!