Precast Concrete Plant Inspector / Field Engineer
Company: Wilbert Funeral Services Inc.
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Wilbert Funeral Services is a concrete manufacturer and service
provider to the funeral industry, building trades and agricultural
marketplaces. Manufactured products include burial vaults,
monuments, septic tanks, retaining walls, storm shelters, and
miscellaneous agricultural precast products nationwide.
Advise Precast Concrete producers in the Wilbert Licensee network
on manufacturing and service specifications and techniques relating
to the production and delivery of Precast Concrete products. Assist
Licensees with training requirements, service and production
concerns, continuous improvement (CI), and safety concerns as
allowed. Attend WFSI meetings when required, render requested
presentations at said meetings - if required - and assist with
Quality Control Schools and other programs as deemed necessary by
Key Job Functions
- Learn and understand current Wilbert manufacturing and service
specifications to advise the Licensee of correct procedures if
- Promote proper manufacturing and service techniques through
- Share innovative ideas or best manufacturing/service practices
among the entire Wilbert Licensee network
- Share safety concerns/suggestions as deemed necessary.
- Document each visit by completing an extensive electronic Plant
Production Review and a Customer Service Representative ("CSR")
Cemetery Service Review. (PDA Program) Ample digital/and or
standard print photos shall also be submitted with electronic
reports in sufficient quantity to render a clear understanding of
items in question as well as paint a mental picture for
- Submit the above documentation electronically as well as any
other deemed pertinent information concerning facility/procedures
on a timely basis to the Field Services Manager.
A Typical Plant Inspection
- Conduct one (1) Plant Production Review in accordance with the
latest template supplied by WFSI.
- Conduct a minimum of one (1) - if available - Cemetery Service
Review at each Licensee location following the guidelines for
evaluating set-ups & services as part of CSR Training Program
criteria focusing on, but not limited to: Tents, Greens, Casket
Lowering Device, WilbertWay, Chairs, Customer Service
Representative, and Trucks & Delivery Equipment.
- Prepare electronic reports of the Plant Production Review and
Cemetery Service Review. Also, include recommendations for
- Review Production and Cemetery Service Review/digital and/or
photos with production, CSR, and plant management personnel. Be
sure to discuss immediate Production and Cemetery Service
improvement opportunities with plant management.
- Poll plant management as to future steps to be implemented for
further improvement, as well as promoting upgraded service levels
to the individual licensee and personnel.
This job requires weekly travel for plant inspections or follow-up
work and training. Although the typical travel schedule for a given
week will change depending on the needs of the employer and the
plant to be inspected, an inspection follows a three-day
- Day 1 - Travel to plant, possibly perform one CSR inspection
- Day 2 - Perform Plant Production Review and train as needed in
accordance with the latest Plant Production template, as supplied
by WFSI, and take digital pictures. The Plant Production review
should begin from the time the operation commences production
procedures until all manufacturing procedures are completed for the
day, thus assuring all items on the electronic Plant Production
Review have been addressed.
- Day 3 - If a CSR inspection was not possible on Day 1, perform at
least one CSR Inspection
o If traveling to another location, do so on Day 3
- All follow-up visits - stop by's upon request, non-standard
visits, or any visit in an official capacity shall be documented by
written summary to the Field Service Manager.
- Reports - Production & CSR Cemetery Review - will be posted
electronically on a weekly basis to Field Services Manager
- Manage scheduling, organization, and files for assigned locations
for audits and review.
- Develop specialized customer training for new areas or
- Promote and train Wilbert-supplied products for use and
application on manufacturing and service-related topics.
- Identify trends and patterns relating to product/service concerns
and offer innovative improvement recommendations for such.
- Display proficient computer skill techniques in the use of, but
not limited to the: Computer operating system, Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, and Internet use. These skills are mandatory and adequate
training will be provided.
Keywords: Wilbert Funeral Services Inc., San Antonio , Precast Concrete Plant Inspector / Field Engineer, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!