COMPUTER SCIENTIST - ENGINEER - RESEARCH COMPUTER SCIENTIST - TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Who We Are:The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated
solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains
including transportation (traffic management, connected automated
vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and
communication standards.Objectives of this Role:
- Serve in a software developer role on teams focused on
delivering innovative solutions for Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS), Integrated Corridor Management Systems (ICMS), and
Decision Support Systems (DSS).
- Participate in or create advanced, internally funded, research
and development programs.
- Bring your ideas to life as proof of concept, and secure
external funding to integrate it into production systems.
- Design and code, often for complex solutions, products that
directly affect the lives and actions of the traveling public.
- Perform programming tasks to enhance and maintain software used
to improve traffic safety, travel times, intelligence and sensing,
- Save lives, reduce emissions, and make the roadways safer.
- We bring together talented people from all backgrounds to help
us deliver innovative software solutions in the transportation
industry. Join a dedicated team of software developers focused on
improving transportation.Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Undertake tasks working in coordination with the project
manager and other team members.
- Work with senior software engineers in regard to best practices
of multiple programming languages.
- Perform in all phases of the development lifecycle, including
requirements definition, software/systems design, implementation,
testing, integration, and system support.
- Maintain a high level of code quality by writing unit tests,
participating in code reviews, and debugging software modules.
- Implement code using concepts of user interface design
patterns, object oriented design, refactoring, design patterns,
test automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking,
concurrency, modeling, and database design.Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Software Engineering,
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related with directly
related industry experience
- 0 years: Familiarity with object oriented development in a
language such as C#, C++, or Java
- Additional abilities in other technologies such as SQL, Docker,
WPF, ASP.NET, MVVM, MVC, or React is helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal
skills, and the ability to work well both individually and as a
member of a project team
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio , COMPUTER SCIENTIST - ENGINEER - RESEARCH COMPUTER SCIENTIST - TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!