Facilities Technician - KIPP Poder
Company: KIPP Texas
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityThe Maintenance Technician is part of the Facilities
Department, and is responsible for performing repairs, preventative
maintenance, and improvement projects at one or more assigned
facilities. The Maintenance Technician will work on various
systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and
grounds maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will work under the
direction of an experienced Sr. Maintenance Technician and/or
Campus Facilities Manager, and will have opportunities for
on-the-job training and formal professional development. As a key
member of the statewide Facilities team, the Facilities Technician
will report to the Sr. Facilities Technician. This role furthers
the mission of KIPP by providing a clean and safe learning
environment for students and faculty. Key Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain all building systems: Burglar and fire
alarms, elevators, HVAC, irrigation systems, and all other
- Responsible for the campus buildings and grounds, including
basic carpentry repairs, touch-up paint, pest control, lawn care,
plumbing and basic electrical repairs.
- Execute work orders to high standards of quality and
- Communicate with other school staff and departments to
coordinate completion of work orders and setup for campus
- On call response during and after operating hours.
- Perform regular inspections and do whatever it takes to resolve
potential problems before they escalate.
- Attend meetings, professional development meetings and training
session "Continuous Learning"Qualifications
- 1-3 years of facilities or maintenance related experience.
- Knowledge of building systems and the maintenance and repair
- Expertise in or technical knowledge of HVAC, electrical and/or
plumbing systems highly preferred.
- Skill in maintaining positive relations with others.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high
quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills required to work
with a broad group of stakeholders with different interests and
- Basic computer skills required; experience in Microsoft Outlook
and/or facilities work order software preferred.
- English fluency is required; Spanish is a plus .
- Reliable transportation required (may be required to drive to
different facilities or to pick up supplies during the
- Flexibility in work schedule.Additional InformationCompensation
and Benefits:In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of
KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees
an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan,
KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings
Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as
Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance,
Keywords: KIPP Texas, San Antonio , Facilities Technician - KIPP Poder, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!