Patient Care Technician II Chronic
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
615 E Quincy Street, San Antonio, Texas, 78215, United States of
Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting
opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry.
With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to
care for our patients and build a network of other health care
professionals across the geography where you live. Once you have
successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of
care professionals including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and
other experienced PCTs to care for our patients. It's not a job,
it's giving life and a career based on passion and purpose.
Our PCTs also find DaVita professionally fulfilling. To help
advance your career, we offer clear paths to higher levels of
responsibility and compensation by becoming a PCT II or PCT III.
Through DaVita's Bridge to your Dreams program, teammates who have
been in their role for six consecutive months and in good standing,
are eligible to receive tuition assistance up front to pursue their
dream of becoming a DaVita RN and getting their Associates Degree
in Nursing. We also have dedicated training to become a Facility
Administer, and training to become a Regional Operations Director.
Your success is driven by your performance and desire.
Our PCT roles do not require previous health care experience so
consider applying today.
What you can expect:
- Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct
one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic
dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after
dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient
observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will
have exposure to blood and needles.
- Continuous Improvement: We are consistently looking for ways to
improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build
the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are
suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment
on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating
patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including
technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership.
PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary
based on patient needs. Your expected shift will be shared during
the interview process
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with
a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you
will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement as it
may be in a different location; there is also the potential to
float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings,
weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are
12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends
when it's safe for our patients.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within
the territory as needed.
- Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified,
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy
Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patient's life?
Take the first step at careers.davita.com.
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer Vet and Disability. To
learn more about what this means click here.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates
to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match,
paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP
counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care,
maternity/paternity leave and more
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a
robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis
skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on
- Reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT)
- Preceptor University: Learn how to become teach future DaVita
teammates clinical procedures and policies
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally. DaVita is
committed to providing robust development opportunities
- DSSL & SPARK Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop
into supervisory and leadership skills
- Bridge to Your Dreams: Offers high-performing patient care
technicians (PCTs) a path to becoming a registered nurse through
fully funded tuition and career coaching.
- 100+ CEU courses at no cost
- Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for
career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows
you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths
on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on
Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second.
We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I
belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything
we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired,
assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, San Antonio , Patient Care Technician II Chronic, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!