IT Security Analyst
Company: KIPP Texas
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityThe Analyst, IT Security reports to the KTX Director, IT
Security. The KTX Analyst, IT Security is responsible for providing
operational and technical support for the organization's
Information Technology Security function and to ensure the
security, integrity and resiliency of KIPP Texas' computing
environment against potential internal and external cybersecurity
threats.Key Responsibilities Functional Accountabilities
- Provides technical security support by identifying, responding,
investigating and resolving security related incidents, events and
- Acts as the primary security escalation point for all
Information Technology personnel.
- Performs continuous security monitoring of all systems,
services and integrations to rapidly identify potential security
issues and initiate actions to mitigate.
- Performs internal security audits of systems, services and
processes and makes security improvement recommendations based on
- Reviews infrastructure, application and endpoint related
software updates, patches and upgrades to identify security gaps
- Manages software lifecycles to ensure updated and ongoing
security support for operating systems (OSs), applications,
services, protocols, etc.
- Collaborates with Infrastructure Team to provide security
related support for CIPA compliant content filtering, identity
management and malware/antiviral protections.
- Develops, maintains and secures documentation for IT security
systems, services and processes.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging security technologies,
threats and best practices and proposes and recommends changes and
improvements to reduce cybersecurity risks.
- Assembles standard and ad-hoc security reports, performs
analysis and formats results to assist efficient and effective
security related decisioning.
- Supports activities to promote cybersecurity awareness across
KIPP Texas. Service Delivery
- Adheres to IT Security standards and maintains a high level of
performance against security Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key
Performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics; updates and maintains
supporting IT Security documentation.
- Keeps IT leadership informed of IT Security systems and
services statuses and provides immediate notifications of
deviations or breeches.
- Implements approved security improvement plans resulting from
incident investigations, reports and root cause analyses.
- Reviews technical security advisories from key systems and
services providers for applicability and risk; recommends actions
- Provides security focused perspective to projects and
initiatives development and implementation.
- Develops cybersecurity awareness content and end user related
security training material.QualificationsSkills
- Highly skilled at technical troubleshooting and problem
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills with a detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work
well in a collaborative cross functional environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to
clearly communicate complex technical concepts and issues to both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing device and end user security with Microsoft
Active Directory (AD).
- Experience managing device and end user security with Google G
- Experience managing enterprise content filtering (i.e.
- Experience managing enterprise antivirus/malware and
anti-phishing protections (i.e. Sophos)
- Experience managing internal network security for Cisco and
Hewlett Packard (HP) Aruba switches and routers.
- Experience managing network perimeter security with Fortinet
firewalls and appliances.
- Experience managing wireless network security with Cisco and HP
Aruba wireless controllers and access points (WAPs).
- Experience with cloud services security is a
- Bachelor's degree (or 5+ years of relevant work experience) in
Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 3- 5 years of professional experience in an IT Security
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required.
- Alignment with KIPP Texas' mission and core values.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
certification is a plus.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification is a
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
certification is a plus.
- Experience working in a school district, CMO, non-profit or
government agency is a plus.Additional InformationCompensation and
Benefits:In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP
Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an
$0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP
provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings
Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as
Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance,
Keywords: KIPP Texas, San Antonio , IT Security Analyst, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!