Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold -, Brownberry - or Oroweat - bread?
A Thomas' - English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee -, Entenmann's - or Marinela - cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Position Summary: - -This position is responsible for all
activities that occur within the manufacturing facility. - The
Plant Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct
responsibility for manufacturing and key support process
operations. - The Plant Manager leads through influence in a matrix
organization in relation to additional functions that occur at the
facility, such as shipping and distribution. - The purpose of this
position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of
safety, efficiency, quality, customer service and leadership so as
to deliver financial profitability for the plant.#LI-TN1Key Job
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a commercial baking
facility consisting of hourly associates and a management
- Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring
safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state
and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure
associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and
deliver on expectations.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU
Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process
capability and operational discipline.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key
performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and
food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process
reliability and performance. -
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and
professionalism, demonstrating active support in the Company's
values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable
growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and
has a strong business acumen.
- Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the
management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate
training programs to address developmental needs.Key Behavioral
- Results Orientation. -Focused on improving business results
through introduction of incremental improvements in business
practices; defines key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs,
risks and benefits for the organization; emphasizes accountability
and a sense of urgency
- Change Leadership. Encourages associates to identify
improvement opportunities; sets realistic challenges for the team;
influences others, internally and externally, to drive change
efforts; encourages collaboration and innovation.
- Learning and Adopting Best Practices. Able to learn new
approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best
practices, and apply them to their business; desire to learn
(intellectual curiosity), creates a culture of continuous
improvement and growth.
- Strategic Thinking with Business Insight. - Ability to
understand the company's competitive context; strong analytical and
conceptual abilities to develop his/her own plan within the general
company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
- People Oriented Leadership. - Focused on optimizing,
developing, and improving work teams by achieving a balance between
the productive and the humane, inspiring others to be better;
increasing their productive performance and ensuring their personal
development; operates in a team-based environment empowering the
team and delegates responsibilities, ensuring ownership of
decisions and promoting individual accountability. - -Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a
technical field a plus. A combination of education, training and
experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the
work may be substituted.
- 12+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience,
at least 5 years which must be in the food industry. -
- 4+ years of experience leading a high performance management
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and
- Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations
while delivering day to day performance.
- In-depth knowledge of baking science and technology, process
control and improvement tools.
- Experience with programs that drive statistical processes and
program systems in plant operations.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated
entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking,
East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across
the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales
routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed
their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for
much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting
work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their
professional and personal lives every day.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, San Antonio , Plant Manager, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!