Company: GrayStreet Partners
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 15, 2018
GrayStreet Partners is a private equity firm focusing on the investment, development, and management of urban commercial real estate. Our portfolio of real estate investments includes office, retail, mixed-use, urban land, and parking assets, totaling about 2 and a half million square feet of real estate. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals in a fast-growing firm who is helping to change the San Antonio cityscape.
We are seeking a Building Engineer, responsible for the hands-on maintenance of building systems for the safe, efficient, and proper operations of all assigned properties. The candidate must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
GrayStreet Partners offers:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Option to participate in a health insurance plan (80% covered by the company)
- Option to participate in a 401K plan with a company match
Must possess basic understanding of A.C. circuits and safety procedures.
Responsible for the proper reset of breakers and report shorts.
Responsible for replacing outlets, switches, and lighting ballast.
Must possess basic understanding of refrigeration cycle with a universal CFC license.
Responsible for preventative maintenance of an AHU.
Respond to HVAC calls; determine if repair is needed in a timely manner.
Responsible for testing & adjustment of chemical treatment levels in water system.
Perform a daily inspection and log of a chiller and service and adjustment.
Replace belts, motor, bearings, actuators, and values on an AHU and Cooling Tower.
Responsible for adjustments to pneumatic/DDC controllers and actuators for proper operation.
Adjust set points, start-up and temperature on building energy management system (Metasys).
Trouble shoots a power induction unit (P.I.U. or F.P.T.U.) to determine if operating properly.
Trouble shoot, adjust, and balance pumping system.
Must possess understanding of plumbing systems.
Rebuild and repair flush valves and faucets.
Responsible for the replacement of wax bowel seal and remounting of toilet urinals and lavatories.
Responsible for the preventative maintenance of a systems pump.
Adjust and service pressure-reducing valves.
Life Safety Systems
Must possess understanding of the operations of the buildings life safety systems.
Identify and respond to fire alarm and troubles in a timely manner, properly enable and disable points.
Conduct a weekly inspection and log of Emergency Generator (if applicable) and Fire Pump, recommend
Repair and replace door closures and door hardware as needed.
Responsible for adjustment and repair of security systems
Understanding of mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
Employee must be available for remedial tasks such as painting, cleaning and unclogging toilets or drains.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- In-depth working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to analyze and solve problems, capable of functioning well under stress and during emergencies, strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and foster exceptional, professional working relationships with tenants, vendors and contractors, and property management team members.
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- PC literacy - knowledge of spreadsheet, database, scheduling, work order system and building automation/energy management programs. Experience with project management, preventative maintenance, inventory control, supplier systems, environmental/sustainability software and programs is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and will be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines.
Keywords: GrayStreet Partners, San Antonio, Building Engineer, Professions, San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!