Senior Risk Analyst
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Purpose of Job Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business in exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Risk Analyst for out San Antonio, TX location.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced knowledge
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders. Minimum Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required, 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years risk management experience or 6 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area
Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience
Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years relevant risk management work experience. *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Strong knowledge of P&C Insurance data, financials and reporting requirements
- Familiarity or experience working with insurance information systems, data platforms, and business integration
- Risk Management background or mindset to effectively challenge and assess risks of IT system considerationThe above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers .
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/23/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: analyse, analyst, bi, examiner, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, legal, market, valuation analyst
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Risk Analyst, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!