Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior - Risk Reporting and Analyst
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Quantitative Risk
Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
The Quantitative Risk Analyst is responsible for designing and
implementing the Chief Risk Office's (CRO) Management Information
System (MIS) strategy. This includes building and updating risk
management reports to inform the Board on key exposures and risks
and leading USAA's risk appetite metric program. The Quantitative
Risk Analyst is also responsible for performing risk analyses
across all of USAA's lines of business by leveraging MIS to analyze
data, recognize risk trends, and communicate insights to CRO senior
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and
the understanding and management of risk through appropriate
practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and
business un exposures through the identification of key and
emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and
appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that
exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk
mitigation plans. Job Requirements
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk,
opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to
quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical
approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer
business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to
effectively present to colleagues for peer review and
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 6+ years of related quantitative analysis
experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include
statistical analysis, modelling, mathematics or other quantitative
discipline; Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance,
Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative
discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative
discipline relevant to risk management; Or PhD in Economics,
Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline
relevant to risk management*Qualifications may warrant placement in
a different job level.*When you apply for this position, you will
be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred
- 2+ years of experience in risk reporting and MIS.
- Experience with analytical tools such as SAS, Python, Tableau
- Executive presence and ability to communicate, advise, and
influence senior leadership.
- Risk management experience in large financial institution.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with risk management
processes, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge and experience with practical application of risk
management frameworks: Solvency II, COSO, BASEL, ISO, NAIC ORSA,
- Professional designations (eg Actuarial, CPCU, PRM, FRM, CPA,
CFA) or graduate level education (eg MBA).The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Quantitative Risk Analyst Senior - Risk Reporting and Analyst, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!