Senior Risk Analyst
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Senior Risk
Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and
the understanding and management of risk through appropriate
practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and
business exposures through the identification of key and emerging
risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite.
Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures
are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation
plans. Job Requirements
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify,
assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks
associated with new or modified products, services, distribution
channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and
solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks
according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and
methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the
enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the
enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of
contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required. 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years risk management experience or 6 years
operations experience in a relevant functional area to include
banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management,
public accounting or other related operational area Or advanced
degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work
experience Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years
relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required . *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in governance control process and procedure in a
Risk Management or Quality Control work environment
- Proven ability to analyze process, identify issues and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with stress testing and/or CECL The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/04/19
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: analyse, analysis, business finance, guidance,
investment analytics, investment banking, market, monitor,
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Risk Analyst, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!