Senior Risk Analyst
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Senior Risk Analyst
for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and
the understanding and management of risk through appropriate
practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and
business exposures through the identification of key and emerging
risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite.
Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures
are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify,
assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks
associated with new or modified products, services, distribution
channels, regulations and third party operations using advanced
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance
committees, business process owners and various levels of
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and
solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks
according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and
methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the
enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the
enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of
contingency plans in partnership with key business
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
related field required. 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 or more years risk management experience or 6 years
operations experience in a relevant functional area to include
banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management,
public accounting or other related operational area Or advanced
degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk
management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work
experience Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years
relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level.*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience in governance control process and procedure in a
Risk Management or Quality Control work environment
- Proven ability to analyze process, identify issues and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with stress testing and/or CECLThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete
12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/04/19 by
11:59 pm CST time. Associated topics: business, financial analytic,
financial reporting analyst, forecasting, inspect, investment
analytics, investment banking, law, legal, strategy
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Senior Risk Analyst, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!