Technical Architect with Document Receiving Domain Experience - Lead Level
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Technical
Architect with Document Receiving Domain Experience - Lead Level
for our Plano, TX or San Antonio, TX facility. A Technical
Architect Sets technology direction, ensures project implementation
compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate,
integrate, and manage technology solutions. This job ensures that
technical strategy and direction for all of USAA is identified,
integrated across multiple business functions and technical
domains, and aligned to USAA's mission, brand pillars and strategic
priorities. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers primar13 years straight. We embrace a robust
veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to
apply. ABOUT USAA IT Our most important qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every
day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive
and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a
top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a
row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority
Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine. See what it's like
to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose: USAA
Information Technology: A Realistic Preview * Technical Architects
may perform in one or more Architecture roles including solution
architecture, domain architecture or portfolio architecture.
* Solution Architecture: Conceptualizes technical complexity into
usable, largescale architectures that are compliant with
* Provides architectural solutions/designs to project execution
teams for implementation.
* Advises IT and business partners on matters of impact from
* Ensures architecture compliance of technology solutions Drafts,
evaluates, approves, and rejects architectural waivers.
* Maintains personal availability for troubleshooting.
* Provides professional and technical mentorship for Leadlevel IT
* Domain Architecture: Provides technology architectural
assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology
* Defines and documents architectural standards for a technology
domain. Facilitates IT and business community interaction to shape
architecture solutions and domain direction.
* Influences and oversees research projects that contribute to
disruptive innovation. Identifies contributors and stakeholders for
their technology domain and leads collaboration efforts amongst
* Provides USAA level influence for their technical domain.
* Performs professional and technical mentorship for Leadlevel IT
* Portfolio Architecture: Contributes domain expertise in support
of the overall technology portfolio vision and strategy. MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field required OR
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of directly related experience to include at
least 2 years of related work experience in a technical leadership
role within IT required.
* Subject-matter-expert experience in technology application
development and/or infrastructure and operational
* Subject-matter-expert depth in a minimum of one technology domain
Technical depth for a domain of technology from an application,
infrastructure, operations, scalability, availability, performance,
people, process, and tooling perspective.
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS * 4 or more years of experience with
* 4 or more years of experience with Content Transformation and
* 2 or more years of experience with container-based Architectures
(OpenShift, Kubernetes, ---)
* 2 or more years of experience with Reactive Design & Technologies
(Akka, Play, Lagom, ---)
* Experience with Agile Development Methodologies DESIRED
CHARACTERISTICS USAA Technical Architects create innovative
solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are: * Curious
and excited by new ideas
* Energized by a fast-paced environment
* Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge
* Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but
* Community-focused, dependable and committee
* Exceptionally detail-oriented The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals. Relocation assistance is not available for
this position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must
have manager's approval prior to posting. Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 08/5/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Technical Architect with Document Receiving Domain Experience - Lead Level, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!