Azura Regional Sales Director (South Central TX and Desert SW)
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Azura Regional Sales Director (South Central TX and Desert SW)
Azura Vascular care is the national leader in vascular specialty
service and manages treatments for a wide range of simple and
complex vascular disorders using minimally invasive techniques. As
part of our team, you'll help patients avoid the complexities of a
hospital admissions by being treated promptly, safely and
effectively in a high-quality, outpatient setting. You'll also
enjoy an environment of teamwork, work-life balance, and the
satisfaction of aligning closely with our parent company, Fresenius
Medical Care, to improve the health and quality of life for people
in our communities. Job Description Malvern, Pennsylvania - San
Antonio, Texas - Houston, Texas - Dallas, Texas - Phoenix, Arizona
Job ID 20000KG2
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information In this role you will drive, direct
and develop about 6 Territory Sales Managers to meet and exceed
their goals to grow our vascular access centers through referrals.
You will need a BS Degree, have leadership experience, be able to
analyze data, problem solve and have excellent presentation skills.
The ideal candidates will come from a heath care organization. You
must be located in Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX Houston, TX or
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Directs and drives regional sales functions for
an assigned geography of FVC access centers/facilities providing
oversight and guidance to the Regional Sales Managers in order to
meet or exceed the regional sales goals and objectives.
Collaborates with peers, VP Sales, and Operations Senior
Management, to develop short and long term business strategies and
tactics to achieve sales targets and objectives. Takes the
appropriate actions to ensure the effective execution of the
business strategies making local changes as neededPRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals
through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of
the company's mission and core values as a means to implement
positive change and/or create organizational structure within the
assigned business unit(s).
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the
administration of business processes and services to ensure the
operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s)
through the interpretation, application and implementation of
company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company
requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the
overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority
management, and recommendation and implementation changes of
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and
comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company
policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and
regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal
systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct
reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering
with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and
concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the
advancement of future leaders within the organization.
- Technically proficient leader in the specific department and
knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Has a large
range within a department or multiple departments.
- A strong tactical decision-maker; role primarily focuses on
tactical execution. Handles unforeseen issues.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data
requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Has
significant program or project responsibility generally within the
- Develops, modifies and executes company policies that affect
immediate operations, with potential company-wide effect.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods,
techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manages the activities and operations of two or more
departments, directly impacting specific functional area.
Establishes operations objectives and assures adherence to budgets,
schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and
outcomes. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in
schedules and/or unit operations, and may jeopardize overall
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain
acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to
the relationship. Regularly interacts with senior management or
executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas,
divisions, and/or customers.
- Interacts frequently with internal departments and external
customers/vendors; particularly in problem resolution. Responsible
for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including
performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Directs the activities and functions of an assigned team of
Fresenius Vascular Care (FVC) Regional Sales Managers (RSM)
providing guidance, expertise and support to facilitate achievement
of company goals and objectives pertaining to the growth of company
revenue and profitability, and sales volume/sales targets.
Contributes to development of FVC sales objectives and ongoing
sales strategies to achieve the objectives. Interprets and
implements the strategies customizing accordingly to address and
accommodate local business needs.
- Works with RSMs, VP Sales, and Operations management to
develop, update and implement strategic business plans for the
assigned regions and for each individual FVC Center/Facility to
provide for revenue goal attainment.
- Evaluates and assesses market and customers to identify and
develop opportunities that will increase sales for all
- Utilizes marketing research and strategic analysis project
results to identify options and present recommendations to be
considered in developing strategic plans for recommendations of new
procedures to be performed by the Center, and promotional support
for existing procedures performed
- Creates market models to forecast the demand by center and by
procedure that may include but is not limited to: penetration
assessment by dialysis clinic and doctor; marketing support
required; referral patterns; marketing expenditures; and
- Developing models for the prediction of new procedures or a new
physician at one of the assigned Centers. Analysis would include
determining the potential revenues and costs over time, identifying
the necessary marketing materials to support the new services and
or physician, and the expenses and the potential impact associated
with the development of new procedures or a new physician.
- Collaborates with the FVC Marketing department, Operations
management, and peers to develop and execute sales advertising and
promotional programs to gain market share.
- Participates in the development and obtaining the appropriate
approvals for collateral material necessary to promote Center
operations and marketing including but not limited to brochures,
flyers, TV and Radio Advertisements, and reminder items.
- Collaborates with the appropriate stakeholders to create full
marketing plans for new (denovo) and acquired centers/facilities to
include timelines for all critical activity including but not
limited to market assessment, RSM requirements, materials needed
(business cards, announcements, etc---), advertising required,
market data for Customer Relationship Management (CRM tool), and
preliminary clinic visits by FVC personnel.
- Provides oversight regarding the utilization by the RSMs of the
CRM tool (currently Salesforce.com) to ensure accurate and
consistent capturing of the required data and appropriate notations
regarding promotional activities. May contribute and provide input
regarding new requirements for the tool, workflow, training, and
- Develops presentations to promote FVC services to dialysis
clinics and Medical Directors customizing for local idiosyncrasies
as needed. Obtains the appropriate approvals for materials utilized
in the presentations such as patient specific pictures etc.
- Prepares regular presentations and reports describing the
situation assessment for assigned centers/facilities and markets
including the potential market opportunities for FVC Senior
Management and occasionally for corporate executives.
- Provides oversight for budget planning and sales forecasting
for assigned region ensuring that procedure and expense forecasts
are accurate and predict, within the foreseeable circumstances,
both volumes and procedures.
- Supervises, directs and develops the FVC Regional Sales
Managers providing guidance, advice, subject matter expertise and
support as needed. Contributes to the improvement of outcomes and
efficiencies by ensuring the team is properly trained and motivated
towards meeting department, divisional, regional and corporate
related goals and objectives. Provides counseling, support, and
encouragement regarding professional growth as appropriate. Ensures
all representatives are in full compliance with all FMC and FVC
policies through constant and consistent reinforcement as well as
documented field observation.
- Provides informal feedback on an ongoing basis and formal
feedback in the annual performance evaluation process, counseling
and working with the RSM to establish individual short and long
term performance goals. Manages the staffing through the
appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in
collaboration with Human Resources partners.
- Collaborates with HR resources to recruit and interview
candidates for the open RSM positions. Follows the FMCNA process
regarding obtaining recommendations for employment and promotion
offers for candidates according to FVC selection standards. Works
with HR to ensure execution of offer letters and appropriate
completion of other related new hire and promotion paperwork
according to FMCNA policies and procedures.
- Works with the National Trainers to develop a formal training
programs and plans for RSMs including ensuring the appropriate
training and orientation of new and current RSMs regarding FVC and
FMCNA policies and procedures, developing targeted training plans
to accommodate local business needs and local market conditions
customizing the content as appropriate.
- Enlists the National Field Trainer to evaluate and work with
RSMs who require additional coaching. Collaborates with National
Field Trainer regarding feedback pertaining to training needs and a
proposed plan of action.
- Proactively monitor reports and the competitive landscape to
assess trends, communicate issues or concerns and take appropriate
- Negotiates the best rate and placement for advertising and
other activity spend with the pertinent vendors to maximize return.
Plans, coordinates and conducts business for educational events in
the evenings or weekends to support the assigned FVC
- May work with staff at a center/facility that does not have a
RSM to ensure a successful new center/facility opening, or provide
promotional support to an existing center/facility where there is a
vacancy, change in procedure mix, etc . Represents FVC at meetings
and conventions that may or may not be associated directly with the
assigned FVC facilities/centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS : The physical demands and
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The position requires travel which could be in excess of
80% between assigned facilities and various locations within the
country. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings
may be required. The work environment is characteristic of a health
care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious
diseases/materials. SUPERVISION: Regional Sales Manager EDUCATION :
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred EXPERIENCE
AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years' related experience.
- 3+ years' experience as a Manager; or 3+ years' experience in a
senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills
including knowledge of adult motivation concepts, exceptional
communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees,
performance management and decision making
- Strong coaching and counseling skills
- Demonstrated practice of continuous quality improvement and
- Results oriented.
- Maintains knowledge of technical and clinical aspects of the
vascular access business.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary.
products or services capacity
- Platform and facilitation skills
- Skilled at conflict resolution
- Excellent computer skills required with sound knowledge of
Microsoft Office applications- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus
Notes. EO/AA Employer:
Identity Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
View More What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the
top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Leadership 10
- Motivational 8
- Helpful 7 "My goal is to make sure that our patients keep their
mobility and quality of life. This goal is really personal for me.
My own father always had really bad vasculature in his leg and
never had access to the kind of care we offer - eventually he lost
blood flow and mobility. Knowing what he went through makes me even
more committed to our mission.". Take a Closer Look HEALTHCARE
- Dependent Care FSA
- Short/Long-term Disability CONTINUING EDUCATION Tuition
Assistance and CEU reimbursements ($500/year for full-time;
$350/year for part-time) PAID TIME OFF Flexibility in using PTO for
vacation, holiday and personal time. PTO can also be reimbursed for
cash for up to 80 hours per year. COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Employee Pride
- Motivation for Excellence
- Respect & Dignity
- Openness & Trust ADDITIONAL PERKS
- Adoption Assistance
- Wireless, Automobile and Computer Discounts
- Discount Fitness Program Competitive vesting schedules and a
company match of 50 cents for each dollar you save up to the first
6% of your salary (3% additional) after one year of employment.
Let's stay connected! Joining our talent network allows us to send
you company news, career event announcements and new job
opportunities. As a company with over 64,000 dedicated employees,
Fresenius Medical Care North America is quite aware of the many
scams that job seekers may face. If you receive any type of
communication on behalf of Fresenius Medical Care North America
that seems inappropriate or suspicious, we urge you to report this
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, San Antonio , Azura Regional Sales Director (South Central TX and Desert SW), Sales , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!