Software Engineer Senior- MQ / Message Broker (Remote)
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Software Engineer
Senior - MQ / Message Broker for our San Antonio or Plano Office
facility. This person may also work 100% remotely from a remote
The candidate selected for this position will work on the Messaging
Infrastructure team in the Chief Technology and Experience Office
(CTXO). This team supports IBM MQ and Message Broker messaging
platforms, providing a reliable runtime platform for our
application development community. They will work with IBM tools as
well as USAA-custom tools to develop and integrate solutions based
on architectural designs.
USAA values a work culture that is highly collaborative, and we
have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of
both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working
from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual
days onsite are settled between each employee and the employee s
Senior level Software Engineers provides support to the Enterprise
through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in
all phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements,
designing, testing, documenting, and implementing software,
responding to outages. Job Requirements About USAAUSAA knows what
it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions
of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About
USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.We're proud
of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about
our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and
collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing
more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative
problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting
challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor s Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentals When you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responsesPreferred Requirements :
- At least 5 years of strong experience in Middleware
Development, Administration and Support of IBM Integration Bus
- Knowledge of message-oriented middleware such as JMS and IBM
- Experience with the Linux operating system environment and
Infrastructure automation and optimization.
- Experience with creating MQ objects like Queue managers,
Queues, Channels, Listeners, Topics, and Subscriptions.
- Experience designing/developing/administering message
transformation applications, bar files, and pub/sub
- Experience working in large and complex middleware
platforms.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this skill is $106,800- $192,300 (this does not
include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Software Engineer Senior- MQ / Message Broker (Remote), Sales , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!