COMPLIANCE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Company: The Children's Shelter
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Want to join one of South Texas' premier child welfare agencies in
restoring innocence and strengthening families? The Children's
Shelter is waiting for you! Since 1901, The Children's Shelter has
touched countless lives and every year, serves over 4,000 children
and parents. Become part of a growing team providing high-quality,
trauma-informed care for children and families. The Compliance
Support Specialist will ensure quality assurance through
monitoring, evaluating and reporting trends linked to safety,
well-being and performance outcomes. The Compliance Support
Specialist completes key related tasks and risk management
pertaining to internal policies/procedures, Council on
Accreditation, contracts, Family Tapestry, and H.H.S.C. Child
Regulation/licensing standards. Duties range from administrative
tasks such as data entry, tracking systems, internal audits, and
analytical tasks such as reviewing, collecting, compiling and
analyzing data. The Compliance Support Specialist will primarily
focus on Residential Programs, but will provide support to other
agency programs, as needed. The Compliance Support Specialist will
collaborate with the Director of Compliance and Contractual
Services, VP of Residential Services, and other agency Program
Directors. Compliance Support Specialist Responsibilities
- Tracks and manages investigation reports identifying regulatory
risks and deficiencies with policies/procedures, contracts and
- Conducts random weekly observations to ensure implementation of
safety practices and safety plans.
- Designs and maintains program forms, spreadsheets, and tracking
- Provides subject matter expertise for the usage of Kaleidacare
- Performs a wide range of data entry, data collection and data
- Tracks mandatory program reports to ensure delivery submission
in a timely manner.
- Tracks all licensing standard deficiencies, corrective action
plans, and technical assistance.
- Monitors compliance of corrective action plans and technical
- In collaboration with Director of Compliance, conducts staff
training pertaining to incident reporting, supervision, and other
- Administrative support for residential contract(s), on-going
reporting requirements and renewal process.
- Support programs with Council on Accreditation requirements and
- Supports quality management by conducting regular program
audits and observations to ensure implementation of program
practices and procedures.
- Daily reviews of documentation include incident reports,
medication logs, work orders and other assigned tasks.
- Create, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures
for the general operation of the compliance department in
conjunction with the Director of Compliance and Contractual
- Supports agency wide Risk Management initiatives by reporting,
evaluating, and coordinating solutions to safety risks
- Supports programs during DFPS Contracts/Family Tapestry annual
- Updates Kaleidacare database to reflect regulatory changes and
ensures that documentation meets expectations.PM20.
- Working knowledge of residential services to include H.H.S.C.
Childcare Regulation/licensing minimum standards for General
Residential Operations (G.R.O.).
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Ability to gain expertise on the use of the electronic client
file system Kaleidacare.
- Bachelor's degree in the human services field required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, creative thinking and
- Knowledge of traumatized children, impact of child abuse and
neglect, and the foster care system.
- Must be eligible to work for licensed DFPS contractor
- Strong written communication skills.
- Skilled in organizing work in an environment with multiple
challenges and priorities.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with persons from
diverse cultures and communities, as well as from different
- Maintain driving license with a clear' driving motor vehicle
record in accordance with established guidelines of the agency,
access to reliable and safe transportation for self.The Children's
Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally
diverse workplace and offering a competitive pay and benefits
Keywords: The Children's Shelter, San Antonio , COMPLIANCE SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!