Development Product Owner Senior
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobServes as a direct representative of the business
on an agile team. Attains, understands, and communicates business
vision and needs in order to write and refine user stories,
prioritize work, and provide guidance to technical teams. Uses
critical thinking, problem solving, and Agile principles to partner
with business owners, subject matter experts, and the development
team to build effective solutions. Possesses an advanced knowledge
and understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery
methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver
business value.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means
to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand
business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and
prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and
compliant solutions while balancing investment and business
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more
- Product backlog includes complete user stories with acceptance
criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team
- Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or business development
to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or
more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective
throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience
partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and
others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program
and/or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an
advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls
for the improvement area.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and
metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Leverages existing change management routines, as needed.
- Works with different technologies, internal and external to
have oversight of development, testing and controls.
- Applies advanced knowledge in the business
development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out
opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in multiple business or system
domains and capable of leading development across multiple teams at
the project or program level.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 additional years of related
experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu
of a degree.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience process improvement, project
delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to
supported business operations/product line.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable
databases and product management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe).
- Advanced experience analyzing business requirements, process
flows and use cases to identify opportunities to streamline
business processes in accordance with risk management framework and
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
- Advanced ability to independently work to gather business
requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on
business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user
stories, and following the development process through user story
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and ability to
identify opportunities to drive decisions and streamline business
processes in accordance with risk management framework and
regulatory requirements.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.Preferred Requirements
- Knowledge of tax software (i.e., CorpTax, Vertex )
- Strong background in financial managementThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
11/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, San Antonio , Development Product Owner Senior, Other , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!